• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dementedsnake

Dementedsnake

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

Hi. I was wondering if the "default.xbe" files were set up in such a way that you could copy it to your dash, hack it, and then run the game by running the hacked xbe on your dash.

If that is the case, do the xbe files have any major role or are they just glorified shortcuts?

Basically, I'm looking for a way to hack a game without having to actually install all of it to the hard drive or constantly overwrite the cache.

Apologies if this has been covered, but I looked and didn't see anything like it.

Yes, I know something like this has been done for Morrowind (Hacking XBE for mods), but that game already has the coding in place for additions and is small enough to fit on my drive. I'll looking to alter games like Mechassault or Phantom Crash, which have no mods or DLC. So, is it possible? I only have 2.5 Gigs free, so I can't install most games. I would if I could, but can't.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Mikesshunk

Mikesshunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Modding, Electronics, Football.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

I can't really say anything for sure about most of that but if I'm not mistaken, a .xbe is basically a .exe but for an Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users