R0st3r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:10 AM

Bought this off ebay... came with this strange looking warranty seal on it... It says "genuine secure" on it. I will show in a picture... also the aluminum tape that holds the dvd drive down to the case appears to have been broken.. yet theres this strange sticker...

IPB Image

Question: Do I send this back to Microsoft and hope to get a new one in the mail back from them? It gives E74 error and was manufactured in 2008. Or.. is this a phony warranty seal and should I just tear this box open and fix it myself (which i'm very capable of doing).

Edited by R0st3r, 02 June 2009 - 06:19 AM.

#2 uturn68

uturn68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:33 AM

that is not an xbox waranty sticker. there are 2 styles: older ones are chrome and say microsoft in black letters and newer ones are paper. you could always *edited* or as you said, fix it yourself.

Edited by RDC, 02 June 2009 - 06:53 AM.

#3 R0st3r

R0st3r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:05 AM

Thanks, already pried it open, no more replies please.

#4 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

Definitely not a MS seal. I've seen ones that I assumed were from Gamestop, and a couple of different ones from various resellers. Not really sure of the reasons for them, not like those types of places actually honor their warranties.

#5 AllSewnUp

AllSewnUp

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

Stickers like this are from places BESIDES Microsoft that refurbish consoles and provide a warranty on their fix.

This way if you have problems again and send it back to them they know it hasn't been tampered with.

I used to put a sticker similar to this on consoles I repaired on ebay because I offered a 90 day warranty.

Check with the person you bought this from and maybe it is still under warranty with a repairer somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users