X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

thanks for looking my way......
java script:emoticon(':popcorn:',%20'smid_18')

I have put together a pc and i will be ordering a corsair 2x2 gb=4gb and a 640gb Seagate Internal drive on wednesday then my pc is complete...

a few questions though..-
1A.my motherboard has hdmi and dvi-d onboard with vga,,and so i was wondering if a dvi-d cable would be good for my monitor..FPD2185W TFT LCD Monitor with resolution of 1680x1050 with Dvi-d HDCP,,it does have other support like hdtv,s-video etc but no HDMI,,so would there be a quality difference if i go with DVI-D rather than only the VGA cable my monitor came with...?

1B.Can someone point me 2 a compatable DVI-D cable for my setup,,from newegg.com

1C.also the monitor has Audio Power-but it doesn't have built in speakers,,so what goes there?

2A.this is my case..
http://apevia.com/Pr...-CRUISER-BK/420
and so i want to buy 2 more fans to max out to 4 in total but my power supply has only 2 female 4 pins left,,can i use those to connect the last 2 new fans?i want to get a 120mm for the rear and take the 80mm and place it in the front along with the other new fan which is also 80mm.....4 total fans..
----
2B.also it says it controls up to 5 fans,,wheressss the fifth?are they talking about removing the filter?

3A.this is my motherboard...
http://www.nvidia.co...00_mgpu_us.html
http://www.gigabyte....e=GA-E7AUM-DS2H
Ok now,,my final stage for my pc would be getting a good power supply along with a graphics card with sli support but for now i'll continue to save up for those 2 and add also a few more HD'Ssss,this will be my Entertainment pc...but anyway my question is,,---at what resolution do u think i can ran a pc game with good enough graphics with this setup?i'am not expecting something so blown away but just looking for ideas as to what i can play and what res can be expected...i'll be waiting on ram so just looking in on info...but it should work well with emulators,like ps-2 and dol-phin etc.....NVIDIA had a video with it running COD 4 but no resolution was stated...

3B.also this is the ram i'am buying--
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820145184
can i use these with a 4gb stick in the remaining ram slots on my motherboard given me 12GB in total out of the 16GB?

3C.DDR Support Dual DDR3 1333 / Dual DDR2 800..What are they saying when Gigabyte states 800max?are they talking about overclocking?

3D.and my motherboard has a system fan part,,what goes there?
and on the IO_Panel theres a SPDIF_OUT,is there a connection with the other 1 onboard the motherboard?
pieces available on motherboard --system fan,COM,LPT,SPDIF_IO
everything is hooked up,,fans lighted up and its quiet--just waiting on RAM and thought of ordering a few extra'sssss...
LASTLY--How do i activate the UV thing for the case?

thanks for your time in reading all this and thanks also if u were not able to answer all...

#2 1InuYasha

1InuYasha

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

also i bought this
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819115037
this does come with thermal patse right?just something i just read have me second guessing.....

also i dont have any receipt from the delivery guy,,only what i got from newegg thru email..how do i get warranty on my products from Gigabyte,Apevia,Intel??

#3 Mikesshunk

Mikesshunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Modding, Electronics, Football.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

1a- DVI will look better.

1b - This should work.

1c - What kind of plug is this "Audio Power" jack?

2a - I assume you mean male Molex jacks. You could run those fans off of them assuming your fans run off 5 or 12 volts. You'd have to make an adapter or something though.

2b - That just means the controller itself can control 5 fans. It doesn't mean your case can hold them.

3a - I don't know much about video so someone else can answer that.

3b - Do they make DDR2 in 4gb sticks? I thought only DDR3 was. In that case, I'm sure you can't mix them

3c - That's just the types of RAM it supports

3d - The system fan port is for a fan other than the CPU fan basically. I'm not sure about the SPDIF. I believe the "UV" on the cases page is a misspelling. I'm guessing you mean the volume gauge which says on the picture "VU" I'm not sure how it hooks up.

#4 1InuYasha

1InuYasha

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

1C.its a circle with a pin inside..it a male pin,,like it goes 2 a female end...

2A.I have 1 Male that goes into the Dvd-burner but after i install windows i can always take it from the burner cuz the burner would be of no more use...my brother also has 1male wire leading out to 2 female ends..he has 2 of them if thats what u meant by making something..but as for now in my case i have a Female 2pin with output 0.23A 5 fan max [12.A or 1.2a kinda blurry]
and i have a 1 Female 4 pin...but i think i can just connect the male 4pin from the new fans and connect it to the female 4pin...

3c.I would think so but on Gigabyte website it says 800/667,,so what is NVIDIA is saying?

3d.u mean cooling fans etc?also for the UV is for the lights. 1 x 80mm UV blue LED fan...

it just came to me that the SPDIF on the motherboard would be for a case the might have that port or a optical device while the other one thats connected with the I_O Panel is for a next access like 2...like my USB Onboard panel supports upto 6 USB and i have 1 in use with the 2 USB On my Front panel case....

Edited by 1InuYasha, 02 June 2009 - 10:05 PM.

#5 Mikesshunk

Mikesshunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Modding, Electronics, Football.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

1c - Did your monitor come with a pair of speakers? It sounds like that jack might just be to power them.

3c - NVIDIA has nothing to do with the RAM. They just make the chipset.

3d - Ok, that makes sense. I didn't see that fan mentioned anywhere on the case's page. I'm not sure how those work. I'm guessing you'd just have to plug it in to the fan port on the motherboard or controller.

#6 1InuYasha

1InuYasha

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

the monitor was bought a few years ago while on a trip but i dont think we left any speakers behind,,but even if it doesn't come with speakers..u think thats what that port is for..its just that my brother tried 2 hook his x360 up to the monitor thru a hdtv wire and there were no sound thru 1 of the hdtv audio wire...so we took the surround dvd player along with the Swoof and 2 speakers to use with it,,it kinda odd having them under your COMP desk,,no big deal i guess...

also what are your ideas on the newegg warranty thing...i'am also a new online shopper...

Edited by 1InuYasha, 02 June 2009 - 10:33 PM.

#7 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:41 PM

What is your Operating System? 32-bit OSes cannot support 4GB of system RAM.

According to this link: http://support.gatew...ors/8511263.pdf Those ports are used for the Gateway Speaker Bar.
http://electronics.h...2360276_xp.aspx

#8 1InuYasha

1InuYasha

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:45 PM

i plan on dual booting,,windows xp-32bit and windows vista 64bit an windows 7 64 bit....[and maybe windows xp64bit,,

i didn't expect the speakers to be setup like that,still looks cool but its not that important 2 me,so i won't spend that amount of money,,cuz this isn't just my monitor ,,and when i buy my own monitor it will have dvi and hdmi..and thanks for showing me that..keeping it bookmark in my -[FIREFOXxxx]

Edited by 1InuYasha, 02 June 2009 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users