DARKFiB3R

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

I can't read German, but apparently a new LiteOn has been spotted in Germany DG-16D2S FW:83850c

Seems they haven't been able to flash it yet ether huh.gif

IPB Image

Link

Google translated (still makes no sense to me lol)

Just a heads up, what do you guys make of it?

Edited by jimbobjim, 10 June 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#2 insanityforall

insanityforall

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:02 AM

Well from the picture you've posted nothing is different ,quick glance is 100% the same. And the foreign website you linked to. Is a bunch of German guys "arguing" about where the picture is of the actual Xbox drive's case that proves there is a new lite-on revision out. They are all agreeing that they have all flashed consoles that have came from the exact same manufacturing plant that this guy's unflashable revision came from, with mfr date's AFTER his. They would like to know, and I would to, where is the picture to prove there is a new drive? Also they are commenting on how odd it is, that they were the region of origin for a new drive to be released, when it's usually the US. No picture = no proof. I purchased a Brand new Jasper today with a flashable lite-on it's MFR date is 03-15-2009 (6 days after his) He's jerking your chain. There is also mention that the original poster is just pissed off, because he also posted in the wii section "he just bricked his Wii."

The End

#3 alwaysonjohn

alwaysonjohn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

The A0A2 is a known revision. Some people have reported that their drive was missing serial information, but jungleflasher was able to patch it in.

#4 D-BlooD

D-BlooD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:45 AM

Allready flashed 4 of these without any problems and 2 of these reported missing serial information.

--
D-BlooD
Team Xunlock

#5 APE

APE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:36 AM

I flashed one of these last night, manufactured in March 2009. Had problems with getting the tray in the right position the first time (unusual for me) but it got all the data it needed without any complaints.

PEKAC is my guess. Not like most people posting around here really understand what they're doing.

#6 mr2000jp

mr2000jp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:08 AM

i think this matter should be the same as the older benq drive , it has a new ver. of the firmware , but the main chip is the same , so its ok to use the older firmware (the hacked one) .but what we need to know is that the key extraction will go with no problems , i mean that it might give you a fake key or some thing .
and for those who got their hands on the new drive , what was the manufacturing date of the console?

#7 somenutter

somenutter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

i hope this is bs cos otherwise im going out to get as many older boxes as possible

#8 turk3y

turk3y

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(somenutter @ Jun 10 2009, 07:11 AM) View Post

i hope this is bs cos otherwise im going out to get as many older boxes as possible

this forum is not about making money out of such things, mad.gif

back on topic these guys have probably just not been able to do this individual drive, but I am sure M$ must be working on a new firmware for the liteon, I mean even a small change would render the hack dead for quite a while as I guess the "cracking" involved alot of cash and time, makeing them jump through these hoops again would slow things down, they might even go rolling code like the last hitatchi's.
All we can do is wait and see.

#9 chinozzz

chinozzz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:19 AM

These are definitely moddable, I have been able to flash them and have done quite a few. They do give me some issues sometimes with the tray not being at the right spot and also have had them report back as missing serial info. They are moddable though, for sure ohmy.gif). laugh.gif

chino
XBadvance.com

Edited by chinozzz, 10 June 2009 - 09:20 AM.

#10 Tron[ADS]

Tron[ADS]

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

I had a 360 in on Monday night that had a manufacture date of 28/04/2009. No matter what I tried, I was unable to extract the key from it. I opened up an older Lite-on to verify my hardware was OK (it was), so after an hour or so, I had to return it to my mate un-flashed.

I have done an awful lot of Lite-on's, and this was the first to give me any trouble whatsoever.

I did notice that the drive controller chip had a different chip ID on it, but unfortunately, I never made a note of it, or took any photos.

I did think it was just a rogue drive, but now Im thinking maybe it was one of these drives.

#11 Ree1981

Ree1981

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

Same here, I've seen quite a few A0A2's return from Germany and they've all been flashable. Question is how you tell these ones apart.

#12 somenutter

somenutter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(turk3y @ Jun 10 2009, 08:47 AM) View Post

this forum is not about making money out of such things, mad.gif

back on topic these guys have probably just not been able to do this individual drive, but I am sure M$ must be working on a new firmware for the liteon, I mean even a small change would render the hack dead for quite a while as I guess the "cracking" involved alot of cash and time, makeing them jump through these hoops again would slow things down, they might even go rolling code like the last hitatchi's.
All we can do is wait and see.

huh.gif i dont make any money there for me and my family friends if i we get banned i would need 10 new boxes at least and dont want to have these new drives wink.gif

#13 wawnord

wawnord

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

Thank you Guy for confirming that these DVD-Drives are flashable/readable... SOme Users were freaking out...

#14 DARKFiB3R

DARKFiB3R

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(Ree1981 @ Jun 10 2009, 07:25 AM) View Post

Same here, I've seen quite a few A0A2's return from Germany and they've all been flashable. Question is how you tell these ones apart.

Tell them apart by the FW revision on the label 83850c?

IPB Image

#15 carlitoB

carlitoB

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

can i just say that on the picture if you zoom in you can clearly see it is revision B3850C, B at start not 8. I notice that all around the web people are using the wrong code lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users