Zoneout

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

Bit of info for you guys, translation from German, sounds like the guy couldn't dump key from the 83850C drive:

Translation: German » English
--------------------GERMAN-----------------------
ich würde gerne mal screens sehen von den usern die hier behaupten die haben ein LiteOn DG-16D2S FW:83850c ausgelesen und geflasht. Behaupten kann ich auch viel und somit stelle ich mal ein Bild zur verfügung was zeigt das es nicht geht. jetzt kommt mir nicht die JF version ist zu alt. ich habe verschiedene versionen von JF getestet und auch das Maximus xtractor tool versucht. ich habe es mit spear getestet und auch mit lötbrücke und zusätzlich die alternativ punkte versucht. fakt ist das ein kollege und ich heute ca. 15 x DG-16D2S FW:74850C gemacht haben und das in Windows mit JF und auch im Dos mit iprep. Angeblich soll die schublade beim DG-16D2S FW:83850c ja in einer bestimmten stellung stehen da es sonst nicht geht. auch das haben wir alles und millimeter für millimeter versucht auch daran liegt es nicht. jetzt kommt hier nicht mit dem gesülze wir haben keine ahnung. bringt mal fakten auf den tisch und macht screens und zeigt diese hier mal vor. Bild vom DG-16D2S FW:83850C im JF
-----------------GERMAN-------------------------

English:
I would like to see screens of the users here say the have a LiteOn DG-16D2S FW: 83850c out and flashed.
I can also say a lot and therefore I times an image is available which shows that it does not.
Now I'm not the JF version is too old.
I have several versions of JF tested the Maximus and also tried xtractor tool.
I have tested it with a spear and with a solder bridge and in addition, the alternative point attempts.

fakt, this is a colleague and I am now about 15 x DG-16D2S FW: 74850C made and this in Windows with JF, and also in Dos with iprep.

Supposedly the drawer at the DG-16D2S FW: 83850c yes in a certain position otherwise it is not possible.

also, we have everything and millimeter for millimeter tried also because it is not.

Now here comes not with the gesülze we have no idea.
times brings facts to the table, making screens and displays them here sometimes.

Picture of DG-16D2S FW: 83850C in JF

IPB Image

Source: http://board.gulli.c...d2s-fw83850c/7/

I believe people are just spewing BS about being able to dump this drive, they must've mistook it for an 74850C. Logically do you think MS released a new firmware for this drive for nothing? It's common sense they would have added some protection while they are at it.

I'm not surprised this has happened, as it's always been possible to patch key dumping by putting a different FW revision that does not allow it.

Edited by Zoneout, 17 June 2009 - 02:13 PM.

#92 danipukok

danipukok

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(Zoneout @ Jun 17 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post

Bit of info for you guys, translation from German, sounds like the guy couldn't dump key from the 83850C drive:

Translation: German » English
--------------------GERMAN-----------------------
ich würde gerne mal screens sehen von den usern die hier behaupten die haben ein LiteOn DG-16D2S FW:83850c ausgelesen und geflasht. Behaupten kann ich auch viel und somit stelle ich mal ein Bild zur verfügung was zeigt das es nicht geht. jetzt kommt mir nicht die JF version ist zu alt. ich habe verschiedene versionen von JF getestet und auch das Maximus xtractor tool versucht. ich habe es mit spear getestet und auch mit lötbrücke und zusätzlich die alternativ punkte versucht. fakt ist das ein kollege und ich heute ca. 15 x DG-16D2S FW:74850C gemacht haben und das in Windows mit JF und auch im Dos mit iprep. Angeblich soll die schublade beim DG-16D2S FW:83850c ja in einer bestimmten stellung stehen da es sonst nicht geht. auch das haben wir alles und millimeter für millimeter versucht auch daran liegt es nicht. jetzt kommt hier nicht mit dem gesülze wir haben keine ahnung. bringt mal fakten auf den tisch und macht screens und zeigt diese hier mal vor. Bild vom DG-16D2S FW:83850C im JF
-----------------GERMAN-------------------------

English:
I would like to see screens of the users here say the have a LiteOn DG-16D2S FW: 83850c out and flashed.
I can also say a lot and therefore I times an image is available which shows that it does not.
Now I'm not the JF version is too old.
I have several versions of JF tested the Maximus and also tried xtractor tool.
I have tested it with a spear and with a solder bridge and in addition, the alternative point attempts.

fakt, this is a colleague and I am now about 15 x DG-16D2S FW: 74850C made and this in Windows with JF, and also in Dos with iprep.

Supposedly the drawer at the DG-16D2S FW: 83850c yes in a certain position otherwise it is not possible.

also, we have everything and millimeter for millimeter tried also because it is not.

Now here comes not with the gesülze we have no idea.
times brings facts to the table, making screens and displays them here sometimes.

Picture of DG-16D2S FW: 83850C in JF

IPB Image
Source: http://board.gulli.c...d2s-fw83850c/7/

I believe people are just spewing BS about being able to dump this drive, they must've mistook it for an 74850C. Logically do you think MS released a new firmware for this drive for nothing? It's common sense they would have added some protection while they are at it.

I'm not surprised this has happened, as it's always been possible to patch key dumping by putting a different FW revision that does not allow it.

jungleflasher 0.26

well couldnt that be a issue?

#93 murdock2577

murdock2577

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(danipukok @ Jun 17 2009, 09:15 PM) View Post

jungleflasher 0.26

he mentioned that he tested alot of programs..including newer jungelflashers

#94 The Dude Z

The Dude Z

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(swissjay @ Jun 10 2009, 08:50 AM) View Post

I'm fluent in German (well yeah, I'm Swiss) and although I don't own a 360, I gather from the German thread that the issue seems to be some kind of resin covering the solder points. Some of the guys on that forum suggested scratching the solder points with a needle and reporting success (user hooma1986) after that.

So dunno if you guys can make something of that...

if that is the case they could always just flip the board over and use the points on the other side of the drive.
The TX/RX circles on the opposite side of the board under the laser are where i solder to in the very rare case that the TX RX solder pads we normally bridge get pulled off.

Just scrape away the surface to the pad and solder a very small wire direct from those pads to the spots on the power connector for TX RX
It is easy to see the traces and where they go to the connector.

#95 The Dude Z

The Dude Z

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(kompulsive @ Jun 13 2009, 05:03 PM) View Post

where in the hell did you hear this? lite-on has most certainly not "acquired" benq. aside from making an xbox drive once upon a time, benq makes some amazing products. including, imho, some of the best consumer LCDs and short-throw projectors available.

Dude Lite-ON Did acquire BenQ's Optical Disc Drive division long ago.
Do you think it is just chance that a BenQ and a Lite-on use all the same parts except for the pcb-board?
laugh.gif

And is it just chance that they use the same warranty sticker on the corner of the drive ?

Lite-on has acquired lots of Optical disc drive makers which makes it the largest maker of optical disc drives in the world.

Edited by The Dude Z, 17 June 2009 - 07:55 PM.

#96 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(danipukok @ Jun 17 2009, 07:15 PM) View Post

jungleflasher 0.26

No, 026 doesnt abort on bad serial data, 043+ do.

So, if he does it on v043b + JF will error and delete the dummy.bin so you are less likely to proceed with a (foolish) erase.

#97 xboxer360

xboxer360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:58 AM

I've actually flashed about 5 of these without checking the firmware. I noticed that all the liteon drives I was flashing with VERY new xboxes were coming back without serial data. I put it down to the fact that maybe they're just not putting it in the firmware anymore and left it at that. They all flashed perfectly. If I come across another, which I will pretty soon no doubt. I can swap with regular liteon and send it in. If one of the jungleflasher teams want to PM me an address I'll send the controller board. I noticed all the ones without serial were made past March 09, that is the drive MFR date, the xbox MFR date was alot later than that. This is in australia.

#98 Zoneout

Zoneout

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:46 AM

Did you actually check the firmware itself?

Serial has nothing to do with FW.

#99 xboxer360

xboxer360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

what you mean serial has nothing to do with FW, the serial is stored inside the firmware, the new firmwares I assued they just didn't bother putting the drive serial/laser serial etc in. and I did notice the hardware revision was a0a2, MFR march 09. If you want bring one down and I'll dump it in front of you

Edited by xboxer360, 18 June 2009 - 03:35 AM.

#100 Zoneout

Zoneout

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE(xboxer360 @ Jun 18 2009, 12:17 PM) View Post

what you mean serial has nothing to do with FW, the serial is stored inside the firmware, the new firmwares I assued they just didn't bother putting the drive serial/laser serial etc in. and I did notice the hardware revision was a0a2, MFR march 09. If you want bring one down and I'll dump it in front of you

I'm referring to the firmware of the drive, was it an 83850C?

I've received one from a repair centre which is March '09 and it's an 74850C.

"nothing to do with firmware" I meant that 83850C isn't the cause of blank serials which has been happening since A0A2 and 74850C, they just didn't put it in, like you said.

Cheers

Zoneout

Edited by Zoneout, 18 June 2009 - 04:10 AM.

#101 Refferehtom

Refferehtom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Jun 17 2009, 03:52 PM) View Post

No, 026 doesnt abort on bad serial data, 043+ do.

So, if he does it on v043b + JF will error and delete the dummy.bin so you are less likely to proceed with a (foolish) erase.

So if we're missing the data, are we supposed to add it since it wasn't put there in the first place? Any new development in your investigation Oggy?
What if we do downgrade to an older version of JF and flash it without the missing data, what will happen?

#102 xboxer360

xboxer360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(Zoneout @ Jun 18 2009, 04:01 AM) View Post

I'm referring to the firmware of the drive, was it an 83850C?

I've received one from a repair centre which is March '09 and it's an 74850C.

"nothing to do with firmware" I meant that 83850C isn't the cause of blank serials which has been happening since A0A2 and 74850C, they just didn't put it in, like you said.

Cheers

Zoneout

ahh ok, nah didn't physically check the 83850. Just thought it might have been. Will check next one I come across though. Have you come across any in melb yet? All I know is I haven't come across any unmoddables

#103 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(Refferehtom @ Jun 18 2009, 06:18 AM) View Post

So if we're missing the data, are we supposed to add it since it wasn't put there in the first place? Any new development in your investigation Oggy?
What if we do downgrade to an older version of JF and flash it without the missing data, what will happen?

You are confusing the drives serial, and the key being dumped over a serial connection.

Or so I think.

#104 DARKFiB3R

DARKFiB3R

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

How to read out the Lite-On DG-16D2S 83850c *UPDATE*
posted on June 10, 2009, 10:49 AM by Wilhelm @ xbox-experts.com

I did some research on a German forum and apparently the key of the new Lite-On can be dumped/ read out with a probe like the Xecuter one but you have to use alternative points on the PCB.
There arent any specific instructions yet but trying the different contacts on this picture out kind of randomly worked for 4 people in the original thread.

There is no information yet if flashing with that Key and the old firmware works so try that on your own risk because it might not work, the PCB got a different firmware chip revision than the older Lite-On drives.

Here is the picture with the alternative points, thanks to the various users on Gulli.com and especially CeeJay1337:

IPB Image

*UPDATE*

Apparently the drive can be flashed there are a couple of people on Xbox-Scene and also on Gulli.com who made it to dump the key the normal way and flash it with the regular firmware.
The only difference seems to be that it is more difficult to get the tray in the proper situation but it appears to be flashable just like the older drives....

#105 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

For the record the pin numbering is incorrect, starts a dot and work anti-clockwise....

pin market 1 should be 128 and counting down to black = 124, red = 123

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users