22 replies to this topic

#1 Fabis94

Fabis94

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

In the JungleFlasher tutorial it says "Select Correct I/O port (check for drive properties in the Drive Properties section) and COM port, then insert probe / spear into R707 via...".

1. Where do i find the correct I/O port
2. Where do i find the correct COM port
3. What is R707

#2 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE(Fabis94 @ Jun 6 2009, 05:58 PM) View Post

In the JungleFlasher tutorial it says "Select Correct I/O port (check for drive properties in the Drive Properties section) and COM port, then insert probe / spear into R707 via...".

1. Where do i find the correct I/O port
2. Where do i find the correct COM port
3. What is R707

1. Correct I/O Port would be which ever port you have the drive plugged into. Go through all I/O Ports till you see PLDS in the description.

2. Usually COM 3, if using a connectivity kit which i imagine you are than make sure it says USB in the properties box.

3. R707 is located on the PCB board. Look for R707 or google Liteon R707 picture for the exact location.

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

1 - page 7

2- it's prob whatever comes out other than com1 (com 4 in my case)

3 - look at the pic in page 10 or google to find better pic (it's below the dvd drive)

#4 Fabis94

Fabis94

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Jun 6 2009, 11:28 PM) View Post

1. Correct I/O Port would be which ever port you have the drive plugged into. Go through all I/O Ports till you see PLDS in the description.

2. Usually COM 3, if using a connectivity kit which i imagine you are than make sure it says USB in the properties box.

3. R707 is located on the PCB board. Look for R707 or google Liteon R707 picture for the exact location.

About the 1st question, do you mean the SATA port on the chipset? And i need to see PLDS in the Drive Properties thing, right?

#5 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Jun 6 2009, 04:53 PM) View Post

I used Xtractor reader 2.7 to scan the ports and find my drive. Wrote it down, then used JF to flash etc.

heres an easy way to do it.

#6 Fabis94

Fabis94

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:43 PM

Which port are you talking about, I/O or COM?

#7 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

At the rate your coming with the most obsolete questions i see a bricked drive in the near future, send it off to someone or don't mod it at all. Read the jungleflasher tutorial. www.jungleflasher.com if you have any more questions after that i highly suggest you don't mod your box, don't even attempt to take it apart. Pay someone that knows what they are doing. Remember your playing with a 200 to 400 dollar console, do you really want a expensive paper weight? If your in the states send me a pm for an address to send the box and payment.

#8 Cjc1706

Cjc1706

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Jun 7 2009, 01:41 PM) View Post

At the rate your coming with the most obsolete questions i see a bricked drive in the near future, send it off to someone or don't mod it at all. Read the jungleflasher tutorial. www.jungleflasher.com if you have any more questions after that i highly suggest you don't mod your box, don't even attempt to take it apart. Pay someone that knows what they are doing. Remember your playing with a 200 to 400 dollar console, do you really want a expensive paper weight? If your in the states send me a pm for an address to send the box and payment.

good advice. I can see a bricked drive happening if you are not fully understanding what is going on.

CJ

#9 Fabis94

Fabis94

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

I understand everything that is going on except how the hell i'm supposed to find the "correct" port if it doesn't tell me how to know which is correct? At this moment i understand everything else, so i don't see why should i spend huge money to send it to someone in the US just to flash it (shipping + price). In Latvia there is no one i know that can flash an Xbox 360.

Only now i think that the only way JungleFlasher would know which COM port i'm talking about, is after i've plugged the USBXtractor IN the computer. Only because the Jungle Flasher doesn't explain some stuff that a newbie should know, you shouldn't say i have no idea what i'm doing.

#10 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

Half the shit is common since. For instance of course the USB Extractor has to be plugged in to find the proper com port.

FOLLOW EXACTLY WHAT I SAY!

1. POWER OFF PC.

2. HOOK USB EXTRACTOR UP ALSO HOOK UP THE DVD ROM DRIVE YOUR GOING TO FLASH.

3. POWER ON USB EXTRACTOR AND PC.

4. IF PC FREEZES DURING BOOT UP REBOOT UNPLUG SATA CORD, WAIT FOR WINDOWS LOGO PLUG BACK IN.

5. OPEN JUNGLEFLASHER.

6. COM PORT DROP DOWN CYCLE THROUGH ALL OF THEM TILL IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT USB SERIAL DEVICE.

7. I/O PORTS CYCLE THROUGH TILL YOU FIND THE ONE THAT SAYS "PLDS" IN DRIVE PROPERTIES.

8. FOLLOW JUNGLEFLASHER TUTORIAL FROM HERE.

9. READ JUNGLEFLASHER TUTORIAL 100000000 MORE TIMES BEFORE "YOU!" ATTEMPT TO FLASH ANYTHING.

On a side note I can say you have no clue as to what your doing as common since didn't tell you to plug in the usb extractor, that would be like not hooking up your power supply to the pc and wondering why the hell it don't turn on.....

Edited by vb_encryption_vb, 07 June 2009 - 02:57 PM.

#11 Fabis94

Fabis94

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

If you think about it like that then Yes it is common sense, but at that moment i didn't know much about the USBXtractor. I found it's manual and read more about it. Before i didn't know it uses USB. So that was just me not knowing about the USBXtractor, not me having no common sense.

Also the USBXtractor has the button that u press so it Reads the DVD key etc. Before pressing "Get Key, Create Dummy.bin, Open as Source" do i need to press the Reading button and then hold it while pressing the "Get Key, Create Dummy.bin, Open as Source" or what? I guess it's common sense that i need to press the button, but i don't quite know when to press it OR if pressing the button is really needed since i've never used the USBXtractor before.

Edited by Fabis94, 07 June 2009 - 03:15 PM.

#12 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

Just hit the button on the extractor, the fact that its called USBextractor should have been a dead give away that its USB based.

#13 Fabis94

Fabis94

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:09 PM

Hit the button and then press "Get Key, Create Dummy.bin, Open as Source" or the other way around...

#14 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Jun 7 2009, 10:41 AM) View Post

Just hit the button on the extractor, the fact that its called USBextractor should have been a dead give away that its USB based.

Try it see what happens.

I could teach a monkey, to flash faster than this is taking....

Edited by vb_encryption_vb, 07 June 2009 - 05:34 PM.

#15 Fabis94

Fabis94

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

Dude, i don't have the USBXtractor here and i'm just asking questions like this to be sure. Of course i could still flash an Xbox without even making this topic, but i do like making sure everything is 100% ok before doing anything, gosh.

Edited by Fabis94, 07 June 2009 - 05:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users