3 replies to this topic

#1 kmkings311

kmkings311

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:16 AM

Okee, have a small problem. Had a nice 'lil working 360 and they boom, games would NOT load. Sat there and loaded forever and ever. So, figured it was the DVD drive takin' a poop. So, checked out what drive it was (Lite-on) (DG-16D22) and found one off Ebay.

So, got the replacement in the mail and plugged it in. Not suprisingly, recieved the please insert xbox game into system. So, figure the new DVD drive works!!

So, took the pcb board out of my old broked DVD drive and ripped out the board in the new one. Soldered the wires on my old board to my new Drive and boom, won't work!!!

This time, i boot it up, and it spins for about 3 seconds and only see the 'Open Tray' message on the screen. Anyone have any suggestions on a fix? Bad soldier points maybe..?

Any help would be great!!!!

#2 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

You could have just swapped the laser, first thing i would do is to remove the soldier, he might be messing with something biggrin.gif

Edited by ruley, 07 June 2009 - 11:31 AM.

#3 kmkings311

kmkings311

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

Okay...

I my original Drive back together. I swapped out the laser in the two and getting the same issue...

When i open trey and close it w/ a game it, it gives a good 2 spins and done........ sad.gif

#4 insanityforall

insanityforall

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Where you careful with the ribbon cables going between the laser and the board? removing them ou an pretty much just pull them out, but putting them back in there are sliding clamps that you need to slide outwards so the ribbon can go in easily without damaging/forcing it. Are you sure the drive was a BRAND NEW one, and not some guy selling you his garbage?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users