2 replies to this topic

#1 skylined_gtr

skylined_gtr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

Hi All

As the title suggests - my sincere apologies first for this question that has been asked a billion times.

I soft-modded (splinter-cell exploit) my xbox a while ago and being 4 years ago now my memory is failing me. I've been trying to remember how I did it but can't for the life of me! uhh.gif

So i'm reading all sorts of guides and tut's which all seem great - question is, which is the best way to do it? Does anyone have a preferred method or a guide that they recommend is the best? I am technically capable so opening up the box doesn't scare me as well as plugging the HDD into another PC etc.

All I want is to boot to EVO-X on power up, I don't need the MS dash anymore as this will be an XBMC xbox only. So which is the simplest, easiest way?

Any suggestions would really be appreciated smile.gif

Edited by skylined_gtr, 08 June 2009 - 10:39 AM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:40 PM

Are you trying to update the softmod on your already modded Xbox, or mod another Xbox?

If you want to update your current Xbox, use CASH to update the softmod.

If you want to mod another Xbox, use Krayzie's 1.1.1 gamesave, or xboxhdm and Kingroach NDURE 3.1.

Once the softmod is sorted, install XBMC as an application, get it working, then use the XBMC shortcut method to make it your default dash.

I'd provide links, but for some reason I can't get search to work (problem with my browser settings, I think).

#3 skylined_gtr

skylined_gtr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:35 PM

Hey Heimdall

You're a star! biggrin.gif thanks very much, I think it was Krayzies gamesave method I used the first time.

Thanks for the info and I should have mentioned that I am modding a virgin xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users