• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1xboxguy

1xboxguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:18 PM

I know my problem is quite tricky one. If someone can invent a solution for this I would really appreciate it.

My chip-modified Xbox’s hard drive just died. I bought a new hard drive, installed it to my Xbox, made a SlaYer’s EvoX Auto-Installer DVD, tried to restart my Xbox by using Slayer’s DVD. Xbox just gave the error code 16, meaning that your internal clock has reset and the Xbox is trying to load the portion of MS Dashboard to set the clock.....but cannot load it from my new hard drive since the information is not over there yet.

I know that hot swap with “original hdd” would fix the problem but unfortunately I don’t have my original hdd. I might get it after couple months but I wouldn’t like to wait.

Any ideas how to install Ms dashboard to my new hard drive by using laptop. I have heard about xboxhdm but it won’t help me since I only have a laptop over here and my new 3,5” hard drive cannot be obviously set as master drive on it. I can only connect it to my laptop by using external USB-hard drive case.

Just wondering is there any way to fix this problem by using the equipments mentioned above. Or is there any way to solve this at all?

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(1xboxguy @ Jun 9 2009, 12:18 AM) View Post

I know my problem is quite tricky one. If someone can invent a solution for this I would really appreciate it.

My chip-modified Xbox’s hard drive just died. I bought a new hard drive, installed it to my Xbox, made a SlaYer’s EvoX Auto-Installer DVD, tried to restart my Xbox by using Slayer’s DVD. Xbox just gave the error code 16, meaning that your internal clock has reset and the Xbox is trying to load the portion of MS Dashboard to set the clock.....but cannot load it from my new hard drive since the information is not over there yet.

I know that hot swap with “original hdd” would fix the problem but unfortunately I don’t have my original hdd. I might get it after couple months but I wouldn’t like to wait.

Any ideas how to install Ms dashboard to my new hard drive by using laptop. I have heard about xboxhdm but it won’t help me since I only have a laptop over here and my new 3,5” hard drive cannot be obviously set as master drive on it. I can only connect it to my laptop by using external USB-hard drive case.

Just wondering is there any way to fix this problem by using the equipments mentioned above. Or is there any way to solve this at all?

xboxhdm with qemu/Vmware/VirtualBox and your external USB case. Alternatively xboxhdm2

#3 1xboxguy

1xboxguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for your answer. Could you further explain how these virtualization softwares can help me?

I already planning to order Xbox EEPROM Reader/Writer from eBay. I'm just little bit worried if it can be used through USB to serial port adapter. Does anyone have any experience from those? In other words, can I solve my problem by using one of those?

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(1xboxguy @ Jun 9 2009, 08:45 PM) View Post

Thanks for your answer. Could you further explain how these virtualization softwares can help me?

I already planning to order Xbox EEPROM Reader/Writer from eBay. I'm just little bit worried if it can be used through USB to serial port adapter. Does anyone have any experience from those? In other words, can I solve my problem by using one of those?

A chipped xbox doesn't need the hdd to be locked so you won't need the eeprom reader.

xboxhdm with qemu

Edited by ldotsfan, 09 June 2009 - 02:27 PM.

#5 1xboxguy

1xboxguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 9 2009, 07:41 AM) View Post

xboxhdm with qemu/Vmware/VirtualBox and your external USB case. Alternatively xboxhdm2

Thanks for your answer, but I still have some questions.
I investigated xboxhdm2 possibility. According instructions in http://nchc.dl.sourc...m2/Tutorial.pdf you can only choose primary master / slave or secondary master / slave to be built up as new xbox hd. How do I choose my hard drive in external USB-case?

#6 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:45 PM

I am pretty sure xboxhdm does not support usb HD's. You have been misinformed.

Xboxhdm2 (usb) is designed to boot from usb device. It still does not support USB HD's. You will need a PC with an IDE interface and just for reference, USB to serial adapters do not work with eeprom readers. smile.gif

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users