tell me simple why you deserve a eeprom the 5 best stories get them

#2 arod85

arod85

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 05:37 AM

I didn't really understood that but I have seen many people trying to buy them and sell them.

#3 RaGe

RaGe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2003 - 05:39 AM

I think that is nice of you.

I also have one that I will give away.

I will let you pick the person mjbe

#4 mickey123

mickey123

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 05:45 AM

I don't need one, at least right now. But when you give them away try not to give them to ppl who are going to sell it back here. I don't know if you can know, if these ppl won't just sell it to someone else.

#5 Megadeth

Megadeth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 05:53 AM

The reason I need one is because I got banned after being a beta tester for xbox live and I haven't been able to go on xbox live since it launched. And the last thing I want is to have my $50 xbox live kit become a coaster. Hope I win of the un banned eeproms. This way I can experience xbox live. By the way its cool that your giving them away to people.

Edited by Megadeth, 24 June 2003 - 05:55 AM.

#6 -={Nexus}=-

-={Nexus}=-

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 June 2003 - 06:06 AM

true story:

one stormy night, on a boat

i was looking closely at my eeprom under the desk light. one hand on the eeprom, the other clutching a spoon as i blindly fed myself jello the gf had made earlier on that day. i placed the piece of electronics on the desk and dug out the last bit of jello from the bowl .well you all know how hard it is to keep the stuff on your spoon is. I opened my mouth and crunched down on not soft jello, but cold metal. the jello had tipped off my spoon, eneveloped the eeprom, and fallen onto the floor. before the jello had time to set into the carpet, my dog rocky was on it in a flash. all i could do was sit there agape, my teeth still hurting from the shock of chomping on metal.

i never did see that poor eeprom again after that.....

didn't have the courage to look.

(i made up the boat part)

smile.gif

mjbe, v good of you to be giving these away like that... your generosity is appreciated i'm sure by everyone here at the scene, thnx

Edited by -={Nexus}=-, 24 June 2003 - 07:52 AM.

#7 ULTIMATEGAMER12

ULTIMATEGAMER12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br>Gaming<br>Girls<br>Girls<br>Girls<br>^_^

Posted 24 June 2003 - 06:09 AM

Well My friend signed on my live account to play mechassualt while i was in the shower and I got banned. I could use a unbanned Eprom so that when I install a switch for my mod I can play live again becuz everyone on xbconnect is a complete asshole.

#8 mjbe

mjbe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 06:37 AM

contest runs till tuesday night BTW nice jello story made me laugh 8-)

#9 NightL1fe

NightL1fe

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:19 AM

Why i need a Epps

After getting ripped off by M$ buying the xbox on the first release day (had to also pay some dude $65 for his spot in line because it was freeeeeeeeeeezing that day LOL and i didnt want to wait too long.. i was the 10th person in line 5 mins before opening HEHE

now fast forward 2 years.. i'm yet getting ripped off again payed $86 CAD for a xbox live com unit that only gives me 1 gamertag so my little brother cant make one.. if he wants one..he has to pay another $86 and next year $50 to keep his gamertag another year..

now i remember it was yesterday.. i woke up to a LOUD HoWLING sound.. i ran downstairs... "what happened" i yelled! My brother crys.. "We been ripped off again!"

Yeep that nerdist logged onto live with the chip on when he popped in Moto GP 2 and press start...

now all he looks at on his xbox is You have a modified xbox, blah blah blah..

so whats the moral of this story?

is it.. dont freeeze your ass off and pay some dumbass $60 for his spot?

is it.. dont be a dumbass and unplugg your network cable when your chip is on?

is it... M$ is a evil company that only gives out 1 gamertag for $50 a year?

nope .. none of the above... give me a eproom and i'll will tell you all.. biggrin.gif

#10 wiseblood

wiseblood

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:08 AM

Modded an Xbox for a friend. Installed a switch for Xbox Live. Told him "Do not, under any circumstances, connect to Xbox Live with your mod chip on. Never, ever. I can't stress that enough." He's like, "Huh, uh...yeah sure, that's cool, whatever....Can you get me that new cool game?...." like it went right over his thick head. I even put shiny ON/OFF stickers by the switch to help him out. huh.gif
No more than 3 weeks later, I get the call. His mother is freaking, he can't connect to Xbox Live, I ruined his 'Box by modding it. He rented Wolfenstein, and obviously tried to connect, and, well, you can figure the rest out. I'm sure this is a familiar story for alot of people who just wanna help their buddies out, and end up looking like the bad guy. Anyways, that felt great to vent, it was good to it off ny chest.

#11 krackato

krackato

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:18 AM

It is fate that has brought me to you this night. I believe it was my destiny. We have fought this war a millenia, always pushing back the Gates of hell from conquering this final stand of humanity while our breathern have been enslaved by the machines.

What if, tomorrow, the war could be over. Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for? There is only one way to save our city. Ne... uh... by you giving me the EEPROM. You want to give me the EEPROM... thesearentthedroidsyourelookingfor... you want to give me the EEPROM.

The precioussss... they stolezit from us! Theieves! Murderous thieves... we ought wring their little necks. No, don't hurt me! No more! Please! We swears! We swears we won't sell the precious... we swears on,... on the Precious!

Edited by krackato, 24 June 2003 - 08:19 AM.

#12 Bootrix

Bootrix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 10:54 AM

Many, many moons ago, okay it was only about 3 months ago, I bought this cool little contraption called a modchip. I was told it would be the answer to all my problems, solution to all. The day came, it was sunny and oh so warm outside, but I decided to leave that awesome warm sunny day for the birds, and stay inside to install this "answer to all my problems" solution into my new xbox. Things were going just great, I could hear the birds chirping away outside telling me to come out and play, but no, I have to get this thing installed! Oh these pins won't line up for crap! What! No indication lights to tell me it is alligned! Gasp! I now hear the howling of coyotes, how is this possible I ask!? The birds were chirping just a few minutes ago! I look at my watch and it is almost 10:00 p.m!! I have been trying to allign this thing for 6 hours now, I yell with a hellish loudness!! I should have been playing XBOX Live by now!! This is the answer to all my problems, I shout so loud that the neighbors dog starts to bark with a deafening growl!? Oh, I will have that little kid by the neck (the one that told me about the modchip in the first place!)

Finally!! Success! I see Executer2 on the bootup screen!! YES! YES! YES! I start to dance around the living room like a 12 year old! smile.gif Who's yer daddy?! It yo birthday! I say so much and so loudly that my wife awakes and comes in the living room to catch me doing my victory dance! smile.gif The answer to all my problems is now installed and operational, I say to my wife. She says, really? What is that dear? Well, it is that new modchip I told you about, I got it installed and it's ready to rock 'n roll! Wow, well now that you have me up, let's see that new game I bought you, she says. I happily oblige, and throw in my shiny new Ghost Recon DVD, and shout, "Let's Go Live"! We do, Go Live that is, and I show her around a bit. We both decide it is time to throw in the towel, and agree to go try and make a baby! smile.gif And yes, for you young ones, it is better than Ghost Recon! smile.gif

Well, the morning sun awakes me the next morning, as I sit up to realize I have a serious case of "bedhead", (you can all guess what that is from! smile.gif ), and the first thing on my mind is going and finding that "mightyDUCKman7737" on Ghost Recon/Xbox Live and wasting him! He has gotten me pretty good, and it is time to even the score, I think to myself. I grab my coffee, the wifey makes it just perfect!, sit down in my comfy chair, grab the controller, switch that badboy on, and.... WHAT THE H$%#!!! Okay, I need my technophile little buddy right now, I yell! I can't read this crap, let alone understand it! Something about being banned or something. Honey! Call Jimmy up and have him come over right away, I have a problem with that chip he told me to get, I tell her. Wifey brings over the cordless with Jimmy sounding pretty badly on the other end. Appears Jimmy was up all night on something he called a "LAN Party", and was pretty tired! I tell him what's going on, and he says, "read to me what the screen says!". I do so, and he says, "Oh man, Oh man, Oh man, I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT THAT!!" You can't use XBOX Live with the Mod Chip turned on, Jimmy says in a very humble soft voice. You have been "blacklisted", and I say "Black-WHAT!" Oh man, he says, this is not good! I say, don't worry Jimmy, I am sure there is some way to fix it, right? Isn't there, Jimmy? Jimmy? J-I-M-M-Y!!! I yell, are you there!!?? Honey, it appears that we got disconnected, can you get Jimmy on the line for me again, puulease I say (in my soft sweet voice)!! Dear, she says....Jimmy isn't home anymore! His mom said he just left for a week long Boy Scout camping trip! Thanks honey, I say.

Needless to say, little Jimmy is never home anymore when I call. I found out that I either need to buy a new xbox, or get one of those EEPROM thingies, and if I do, maybe I can have little Jimmy come over and install it, NOT! I will manage just fine! smile.gif That was a few days in my humble life, hope you had fun! smile.gif

#13 Azazel

Azazel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 11:01 AM

My buddies came over when I wasnt home and got on Live. Now Im banned and basically just dont have any money.

#14 bombzhome

bombzhome

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Xbox, and MORE XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 June 2003 - 11:56 AM

I need an EEPROM cuz like 6 months ago...i was a n00b at this stuff...and the day i got Splinter Cell (OH NO..NOT SPLINTER CELL)... i was playing it and then i went back to the main menu...."Download Levels" it was blinking too...so i said "Ummm...DOWNLOAD LEVELS" and started drooling...then when i clicked on it...it said install xbox live? and i clicked "Yes" and i was like..OMG i feel sorry for those people who BOUGHT xbox live cuz i can get it for free right here...then once it installed i connected to it but i couldnt play any game...and i was like..thats a jip...and now im banned from xbox live! sad.gif

btw THAT IS A TRUE STORY....IT REALLY HAPPENED TO ME!

Edited by bombzhome, 24 June 2003 - 12:00 PM.

#15 Keva

Keva

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2003 - 12:02 PM

ok i got a new xbox on saturday cus my old xbox got banned from live cus my little sister went on live without turning off my x2lite mod chip sad.gif anyway this new xbox was sitting on the side and i told my dad to sort it out cus i wanna go on live later so off i went down town and i got back later on that evening and the xbox was setup as i asked so i poped in my live setup cd and set everything up then after it had finnished i went to the dashboard to make sure all was ok and i got the 3 green lights but on the last one it said live not found sad.gif i called my dad into my room and i asked what he had done and he said he setit up fully modded sad.gif

So i need a eeprom to get my box back on live without having to by another

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users