• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 redwood36

redwood36

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hello, Im installing using a USB technique with SID save game with the Ndure Knaves edition and splinter cell.

Ive ive followed directions to a T that ive found on another website (after dawn). the installation APPEARS to be moving along completely in accord with the guide up until the end. after rebooting, taking out the disk and running the final installation arguement, it just simply boots to the regular MS dashboard. not only that but each time ive done this, it seems to reacte as if it were the first time the system were booting up (to the MS dashboard). ie, telling me about internet updates and asking me the date and time. not only that-- but it seems to be doing asking the date and time everytime i boot. either way thats not the issue. initially i selected the dual boot option with ndure's open try for ms dashboard option. however in an attempt to get around this, i just selected single boot (because i dont care about going online). however this still did not work.

truth be told it seems to be the only effect the installation seems to have is that instead of a green ring around the eject button there is a red light.

what i also notice is that each time i go back to the Ndure installation menu (through the splintercell savegame file) the memory seems to be the same as if i never installed anything on the system, with the exception of once when the c drive seemed to go all the way down to 5 mb's. perhaps this means nothing, perhaps its everything. at this point im pulling at straws since it would appear i have no idea what im doing wrong.

SO as a rehash, ive installed unleashedx, yet it always boots to the ms dashboard, even if i select the option for single boot. what could i be doing wrong? thanks!

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

Use a recent live enabled game to restore the dash - Halo 2 and Doom 3 definitely work (I've used them both), and Pro Evolution Soccer 4, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Goldeneye Rogue Agent should work (Live enabled, 2004 or later). You don't need a live account, or even a network connection. With Halo 2 you just select "Register New Account", and it's similarly obvious for Doom - and I'm sure for the others as well.

Then use a Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave instead of SID.

If you don't have a live enabled game you can use this method.

#3 redwood36

redwood36

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hello, yes i eventually found that thread however as im new to the xbox1 modding scene, i was unsure what everything meant.

firstly i wasnt sure how to find the files, or what the file names would be. what would i search in google, just stock 5690 dash files? isnt there a particular file name of some kind? same with the krazies. also how can i connect on an ftp if there is no option for it because unleashed hasnt been properly installed?

thanks a bunch!

#4 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

you should try and get a hold of one of those games in the above post to update your dash to version 5960,it would be a lot easier and they are very cheap to get a hold of.
one more thing if you are new to this and are looking to install apps and emulators for your xbox then download aid(auto installer disc)now at version 4.50 this will install emulators and apps to your dash from a disc.

Edited by xyteam, 13 June 2009 - 09:41 PM.

#5 redwood36

redwood36

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

im all about the cheap solution, plus i havnt got a car to get around in. the thread suggests i get the files from cash or slayers or aid, but what is that? haha. i tried googling download "stock 5960 c dash files" and it didnt seem to work. ive found the krazzies files, but now i dont seem to be able to find the dash ones. is there ANY way of downloading and installing the dash using a usb mem card method. thanks!

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

Google AID or Slayers or CASH.

You can't load the dash via USB. Just do as I suggested in the linked post - start the Krayzie mod to give you ftp access, then ftp the files across.

#7 redwood36

redwood36

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:41 PM

AH ok , ive got a handle on the situation now. the project is at a standstill until i can get back to my place and grab another ethernet cord. thanks everyone again for the big help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users