Photo

Is Anyone Using Proxy Server To Connect To Xbl?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glad2hear

glad2hear

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

Hi All, I've researched a lot on using proxy with XBL, can't find a single post of someone who says "I use proxy for X years and no ban" nor can I find any one saying "I've been banned for using proxy"

Which leave me wondering what to do.... yes you could get banned... but that potential exist in a lot of things we do here at the scene... but did someone actually been banned for it?

I ask due to the usual reason... DLC is not available on my country bla bla bla.

So I thought about asking you guys if anyone actually have any experience which is related to using a proxy server for XBL.

Edited by glad2hear, 15 June 2009 - 04:22 PM.

#2 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

Using a proxy wont allow you to get that DLC, as your account is still set up for your country that you currently live in.

You would have to create a new account for the country that it is available in, but that is against the TOS as your using false information to connect to Xbox Live

They can detect what country your account says you live in and also what country you actually live in by a simple IP trace (which most likely happens automatically every time you connect and is logged) so is a cause for a ban, and people have been banned for it.

Using a proxy on your original account will also show a difference between the IP trace country and your account country and is a warrant for a ban.

However, combine the two and you should be fine, just dont expect to be downloading the DLC at full speed.

#3 glad2hear

glad2hear

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(scuba156 @ Jun 16 2009, 04:40 PM) View Post

Using a proxy wont allow you to get that DLC, as your account is still set up for your country that you currently live in.

You would have to create a new account for the country that it is available in, but that is against the TOS as your using false information to connect to Xbox Live

They can detect what country your account says you live in and also what country you actually live in by a simple IP trace (which most likely happens automatically every time you connect and is logged) so is a cause for a ban, and people have been banned for it.

Using a proxy on your original account will also show a difference between the IP trace country and your account country and is a warrant for a ban.

However, combine the two and you should be fine, just dont expect to be downloading the DLC at full speed.

Thanks for replying, I'm on live since launch with a US account (my country is not even listed as an option smile.gif )
and the proxy I was thinking to use is also a US proxy, so both should be fine BUT the question is if M$ has a black list of proxy servers.... and what happens if they see me starting to show up on the US (according to the IP) they should remember my last location in their DB (which is out of US)....

Then another question is.. what is worse... "popping" with the US IP for occasional DLC download and playing on live with my own country IP... Or Constantly using the Proxy server and appeared to have moved to the US....

This is why I'm locking for people who actually used this method before.... sad.gif
Could not find anyone in any forum who has a proxy experience.

Edited by glad2hear, 16 June 2009 - 06:52 PM.

#4 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

no follow up ???? im trying to do the same thing :/

#5 Juvenal1228

Juvenal1228

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:50 AM

if your account says you are in the USA then using a US proxy shouldt get you banned, again if MS bans for you wanting to hide your identity from their corprate BS then they will have bigger problems on their hands

also it's more of do they even give a shit? if it's not directly causing them to loose money then thewy wont give 2 shits and will move on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users