thepunisher302

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:08 AM

I have successfully installed another Aladdin XT chip in a version 1.4 xbox. Oddly enough it had a focus chip, Samsung DVD drive, Samsung memory and parts of the board were laid out like a 1.6 . Anyway, the person I offered to install the chip for (a friend) broke the DVD drive completely (im guessing trying to rip something out of it when he couldn't find the power cord). I was wondering if I could possibly run AID via LAN or atleast get some kind of dashboard working via LAN or any other method. Thanks.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:55 AM

No. You could do that with an X3, because X3 config live has an ftp server - but that doesn't help....

However, you have two other easy options. The easiest way is to temporarily put your Xbox DVD drive in your friend's Xbox - they are completely interchangeable. Alternatively, build a new unlocked disk in another chipped Xbox and move it across to your friend's Xbox. Obviously the first option won't work if your friend damaged the DVD connector on the motherboard.

As a variation on the second option, you could unlock the disk from an already chipped Xbox, temporarily put that in your friend's Xbox, take a backup of his eeprom, use the eeprom and xboxhdm to unlock his original disk, then use your chipped Xbox to rebuild his disk, and move it back to his Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users