Photo

Live Apply A New Update That Kills Patched Drives?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Paler

Paler

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

As the title says, did microsoft apply something on the new update when live was down that doesn't allow you to play burned games or at least some? I have a couple out of about 25 that get stuck on loading the game. It's not the disc either because I've played them before. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 midiandy

midiandy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(Paler @ Jun 22 2009, 10:53 PM) View Post

As the title says, did microsoft apply something on the new update when live was down that doesn't allow you to play burned games or at least some? I have a couple out of about 25 that get stuck on loading the game. It's not the disc either because I've played them before. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

have you got ix 1.6 ifso i think it wont boot bad rips i may be wrong but i think thats what you problem is

#3 Reznik Akime

Reznik Akime

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

I've been fine on all of my burns. How old are the burns you're trying to play? Did you ever tweak the laser? I'm using 1.51 as well since I have a Hitachi drive.

Try re-burning a game that's giving you trouble.

#4 nagamin

nagamin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

Looks like not the update, you DVD laser lens was going. try to clean up, twick your laser lens density.
Or change your lens with new one. pop.gif

#5 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:32 PM

Remember the fact that they worked before doesn't mean much as to why they are not working now other than you know you didn't burn them wrong.

Everytime I have had a lightbulb blowout, it worked before... doesn't mean it's not the lightbulb wink.gif

What I am getting at is that discs can just stop working even with no visible damage. Try reburning or even tweaking your laser as others have mentioned.

#6 lann

lann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:51 AM

I have the same issue, my drive worked fine yesterday. I logged on live for the first time in 6 months today and it said it wanted to do an update so i hit ok and now it wont boot my copies but the original works fine. This is an issue as discs don't tend to last very long around here. I have tried reflashing with 1.51 2 times but no dice.

when i put the original in it does the normal read and shows what game is in
when i put the backup in it says reading while the drive spins up and down a few time and then goes back to saying open tray

anyone have ideas? other then the laser f'in up in the last 24 hours?

#7 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE(lann @ Jun 26 2009, 07:51 AM) View Post

anyone have ideas? other then the laser f'in up in the last 24 hours?
You're using poor quality media, the laser is dying, the backups you want to play require ix1.51 or higher.

#8 Alzeric

Alzeric

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Jun 26 2009, 10:44 AM) View Post

You're using poor quality media, the laser is dying, the backups you want to play require ix1.51 or higher.

I'd like to know as well. I applied the update that came with Ghostbusters shortly after the patch it started freezing on all games, backups and originals now it comes up with 3 RROD. I did a RROD fix (cleaned CPU/GPU...etc) and it still is acting the same.

I'm almost certain from my experiences alone that that update is the cause of this.

#9 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:27 AM

Microsoft do not release updates to RROD modified consoles. The 360 is well known to have serious reliability issues. If your console suddenly starts acting up then you can be confident it's due to the well documented design flaws.

The same goes for backups suddenly not working. You're either using poor quality media, the laser is dying or you need to update to the latest ix firmware.

Microsoft do not release updates to kill modified consoles. If they detect you using backups then they simply blacklist your consoles ID and ban it from Xbox Live.

Closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users