7 replies to this topic

#1 lanimal

lanimal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

Hello!

With the help of Heimdall, I flashed my TSOP to iND-BIOS.5003.

It worked successfully because when I power up the xbox, I see the blob and the IND BIOS screen. I wanted to flash from c:\BIOS\ but it kept saying there was no such dir despite my uploading it before. Nevertheless, I flashed over http.

But it won't go anywhere after that and only boot from a rescue CD or start a game (I have a genuine Mch Assault).

I thought this was because of an error in the ind-bios.cfg file so I used Frostys to get a ftpd running and replace the file.
When I got there, there was no ind-bios.cfg or /BIOS/ depsite my having uploaded ind-bios.cfg before flashing and created the /BIOS/ dir before flashing to.

So I put the following ind-bios.cfg
CODE

IGRMODE=2
IGRLOADSDASH=0
AVCHECK=1
IFILTER=1
FANSPEED=10
DISABLEDM=1
LEDPattern=ROOG
AUTOLOADDVD=0
BLOBTHROB=1
INTRO=1
SHOWFLUB=1
FOGON=1
FASTANI=1
XLOGOSCALE=100
TEXTSCALE=100
SKEWEN=1
YSKEWLOGO=-20
XSKEWLOGO=0
YSKEWXLOGO=0
XSKEWXLOGO=0
YSKEWTEXT=0
XSKEWTEXT=0
TMS=1
IND3D=1
SHOWXEN=1
SHOWMSEN=1
DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe
DASH2=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe
DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\Dashboard\default.xbe
DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CDrom0\default.xbe

The dashboard I was using when I had only softmodded the xbox is located in E:\Dashboard\default.xbe
I figured out it's no big deal if I get the partition number wrong as it would boot from a recovery CD anyways and I can upload a corrected cfg file again.

When exiting the Evolution X dash integrated on Frostys, I had a IND kernel panic 21.

I rebooted the box (on/off switch) but from then on it wouldnt jump to any dash (black screen after the blob like before) but also wont boot off Frostys or resctoox or MA game (it used to boot them all before uploading the new cfg)

I then tried to put a blanck HDD instead of the stock HDD since maybe the AUTOLOADDVD=0 wasnt such a good idea... There it boots Frostys!!

But I dont know how to recover from there...

--edit: typos

Edited by lanimal, 23 June 2009 - 02:38 PM.

#2 bc54

bc54

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:27 AM

hi, i don know if you have already tried, but maybe injecting the .cfg into the bios will help

personally i didnt like the idea of having a cfg file on my hard drive where somebody can accidentally delete it or something like that. maybe that can solve your problem of the in-bios.cfg magically dissappearing.

i dont know if it will work, but it is worth a shot.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

NOOOOOO! If you inject the wrong config it will never boot, and the current config is definitely wrong!!!

And iND-BIOS cfg didn't disappear - it was on the shadow C, not the real C.

You need to unlock the disk with xboxhdm and your eeprom, and replace iND-BIOS.cfg with the one from iND-BIOS.5003.rar - at the very least that will boot a DVD. Then manually edit that file (don't use config maker) so that the first entry points to your original dash, and your second to C:\evoxdash.xbe, and ftp it across.

i.e.

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dashboard\default.xbe
DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\Unleashx\unleashx.xbe
DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe

The only problem is that I'm not sure how you unlock the disk with a Mac - the only tools I can think of that unlock disks are xboxhdm, and ATAPWD, and both require a PC.

Your other alternative is to use a new disk. Cold boot with Slayers to get it set up initially, then copy your dash to wherever you want, edit iND-BIOS.cfg to reflect the location of your dash, and ftp it across to C:\

#4 lanimal

lanimal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 24 2009, 11:31 AM) View Post

NOOOOOO! If you inject the wrong config it will never boot, and the current config is definitely wrong!!!

And iND-BIOS cfg didn't disappear - it was on the shadow C, not the real C.

You need to unlock the disk with xboxhdm and your eeprom, and replace iND-BIOS.cfg with the one from iND-BIOS.5003.rar - at the very least that will boot a DVD. Then manually edit that file (don't use config maker) so that the first entry points to your original dash, and your second to C:\evoxdash.xbe, and ftp it across.

i.e.

DASH1=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dashboard\default.xbe
DASH3=\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\Dash\Unleashx\unleashx.xbe
DEFAULTXBE=\Device\CdRom0\default.xbe
The only problem is that I'm not sure how you unlock the disk with a Mac - the only tools I can think of that unlock disks are xboxhdm, and ATAPWD, and both require a PC.

Your other alternative is to use a new disk. Cold boot with Slayers to get it set up initially, then copy your dash to wherever you want, edit iND-BIOS.cfg to reflect the location of your dash, and ftp it across to C:\

Thanks for your replies!

So, in the end of the day...

I put a blank 120Gb HDD, booted with Frostys recovery and formatted the disk.
Then I FTPed over the backup I made of my xbox when I first softmodded it ages ago and it all went fine!

I dont know if my mistake was to put AUTOLOADDVD=0 or to put DEFAULTXBE= before DASHx= but changing these two things made it work smile.gif

Now what I am trying to solve is how to change the FTP settings so that I can write when I log in and XBMC is running... Its fine if I stay in Evolution-X but when I switch to XBMC it becomes read only.
Very annoying as I plan to put DASH1= XBMC's xbe

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

AUTOLOADDVD=0 would be the problem.....

Not sure what to suggest on the ftp front. Which version of XBMC are you running - I've just checked with 9.04 RC1 and ftp works fine, read and write.

#6 lanimal

lanimal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

I will check tomorrow.
Probably the latest one from T3CH or the one before.

I also had this problem with various Dashboards. evolution-x is read/write but all the others (unleashX, avalaunch etc) were read only...

Doest the ftpd run in the bios or in the dashboard?

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

It runs in the dashboard. Is the problem with all partitions, or only one partition?

#8 milfriez

milfriez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

Funny enough I stumbled upon this as well, and I'm having a hard time fixing it.

When I FTP into the box and view the permissions on my new hard drive (500gb) compared to my old one (softmod'd 160GB), they are all wrong. I only get read access using unleash x. I can't save any games, I cant upload XBMC to the Apps folder, or anything. All gives me denied access.

Obviously I can't change permissions once booted, because default user is read only. I tried running Frosty's (which worked like a charm in the past) but it will not direct boot to it on the new drive. Something about permissions got jacked up. I was thinking possible using Knoppix to try and repair permissions, but wasn't sure if that would work or not.

Ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users