4 replies to this topic

#1 Mugo

Mugo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

Hello folks,

For a long time now iīm trying to finish a compilation with some XBox native utilities and apps, and various Linux flavours on the same disc. Everything will be driven from a MXM menu.

The disc in itīs actual form boots fine, and i can launch any of the apps, even Xromwell.

But once in Xromwell the DVD is no longer seen. So i canīt launch any of the Linux installs from this same DVD.

After some thought and experimentation, i realized Xromwell canīt read the XBox native DVD format. If i boot Xromwell from this DVD, and then have the Linux section, exactly the same thing, on a separate DVD or CD burnt from an ISO image, then i can choose and boot any of the Linux installs.

On the other hand if i burn the compilation from a normal ISO image, the XBox native utilities and apps donīt run, not even Xromwell. But this disc is OK for boot the Linux installs once i boot Xromwell.

Well, if my english here is good enough for you guys to understand my problem, what i need is a way to put the two formats, like a multivolume/multisession disc, each one with itīs own files. Much like an DVD that is MAC and PC compatible at the same time.

Is there a way to do this for the XBox? How?

Thank you all very much!

PS.: i tried the Gentoox loader as well, and it canīt read the XISO format as well (or whatever is called the DVD format for the XBox).

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

Have you tried UDF format?

#3 Mugo

Mugo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

Yep. Also tried UDF/ISO hybrid image.

The problem is iīm usin Nero. In the UDF settings screen you can choose the partition type and filesystem version. I have no clue whatīs the right settings...

If i use automatic settings, the XBox executables donīt work. If i use the XBox compatibility mode, Xromwell canīt see the files on the DVD.

I really donīt know what to do. But i also really want to make this work...

Thanks for your reply!

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE(Mugo @ Jun 26 2009, 10:58 PM) View Post

The problem is iīm usin Nero. In the UDF settings screen you can choose the partition type and filesystem version. I have no clue whatīs the right settings...

Xbox uses UDF128, you'll have to translate them to the Nero equivalent.

#5 Mugo

Mugo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

@ldotsfan

Hey pal, thank you very much for your help! As always youīre very helpfull and kindness to provide us some help in difficult times.

I finally managed to make a DVD image that works fine to both, Linux and Xbox!

Seems that my Nero version was faulty. Installed an older version and the XBox compatibility feature works ok in a hybrid UDF/ISO image.

Now my problem is how to have Xubuntu and Xebian togheter in this disc, as both use a boot image called livefs, and look for the file in the DVDīs root...

Best Regards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users