2 replies to this topic

#1 ABuNeNe

ABuNeNe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:42 AM

Hi softmod my xbox few years back and recently got a XCM component cable to play with HD.

I did a search and found out that I need to run the original MS Dash, disable virtual eeprom, ...

This are my C:\ and E:\

C:\
fonts
xboxdash.xbe

C:\fonts\
nk
bert-generic.xtf
ernie.xtf
s.xtf

E:\
ROOT
shadowc

E:\ROOT\
backup
skin
trainers
default.cfg
default.log
default.xbe
evox.ini
evoxdash.xbe

I've updated my XBMC and created a shortcut to make it the default dash instead of Evox.

I tried to run the original MS dash by executing C:\xboxdash.xbe via XBMC but it gave me a blank screen. My XBMC does not save the settings in Video aspect, timezone, ... Think this is due to shadowc or virtual eeprom, I tried disabling by creating a EEPROM_off.bin/shadowc_OFF.bin and uploaded to E:\ but it does not work.

Can someone advise:

1. should I upgrade my softmod?
2. how do I run the original xbox dash? I've backup of my original C:\ in my PC as follows:

C:\
Audio
fonts
xboxdashdata.17F14D00
xodash
XBox Book.xtf
Xbox.xtf
xboxdash.xbe

Please help!

Edited by ABuNeNe, 27 June 2009 - 02:46 AM.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(ABuNeNe @ Jun 27 2009, 09:42 AM) View Post

nk
bert-generic.xtf
ernie.xtf
s.xtf

E:\
ROOT
shadowc

1. should I upgrade my softmod?
2. how do I run the original xbox dash? I've backup of my original C:\ in my PC as follows:

1. Make sure you have eeprom backup on PC. After you cold-boot with Frosty's, you will bypass virtual eeprom and be able to backup with ConfigMagic.
2. This post outlines how to upgrade your UXE softmod to Ndure with CASH and Frosty's
3. CASH has the option to add msdash 5960 via Krayzie Extras.
4. Recent versions of XBMC allow changes to HD mode provided your xbox is already in NTSC mode.

Edited by ldotsfan, 27 June 2009 - 03:05 AM.

#3 ABuNeNe

ABuNeNe

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 27 2009, 03:02 AM) View Post

1. Make sure you have eeprom backup on PC. After you cold-boot with Frosty's, you will bypass virtual eeprom and be able to backup with ConfigMagic.
2. This post outlines how to upgrade your UXE softmod to Ndure with CASH and Frosty's
3. CASH has the option to add msdash 5960 via Krayzie Extras.
4. Recent versions of XBMC allow changes to HD mode provided your xbox is already in NTSC mode.

Hi ldotsfan, thanks for your reply. Cold-booted with Frosty and make the changes in XBMC, now everything is working great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users