guruthe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

Sweet thanks for the info above.

My wish list would be

1. Able to send voice messages
2. Able to play your own audio while playing games (like Wipeout does)
3. Able to see what you friend is play ie COD5 Zombie/In lobby other than just COD5

G

#17 Elemino

Elemino

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:47 AM

I understand the article, but I'm just curious. Why would one want audio through HDMI & optical anyway? I didn't quite understand the "audiophile" comment however, seeing as how HDMI audio has much more bandwidth and higher fidelity. (built in limitation... not physical)

#18 tsantsa

tsantsa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(Elemino @ Aug 22 2009, 06:47 AM) View Post

I understand the article, but I'm just curious. Why would one want audio through HDMI & optical anyway? I didn't quite understand the "audiophile" comment however, seeing as how HDMI audio has much more bandwidth and higher fidelity. (built in limitation... not physical)

It might arise from people that are in the same predicament that I have. My Samsung DLP set doesn't pass out hi def audio via optical. Nor does my av unit decode HD audio. So basically, I run my HDMI to my tv and the optical to my av unit. And because you can select either audio outs, and not both, I am limited to only using my av unit for sound. Sure I can go into the menu to change it when I want tv speakers, but it is a hassle that is unnecessary.

If they allow simultaneous audio, then I don't have to switch it over via menus. (I am thinking of late night gaming/movies and don't want to wake everyone with my surround sound!)

At least, that why I've always wanted both audio streams.

#19 Elemino

Elemino

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:07 PM

I always use my surround sound system, and it's pretty big and can get VERY loud. That doesn't mean I can't turn the volume down and listen to it softly late at night, which is done ALL the time in my house.

Also.. since my receiver doesn't decode HDMI audio as well, I have the same setup. HDMI to my TV and optical to my receiver.

This article forgets to mention (or they didn't know) the new update has made installations MUCH quicker than before. I am very glad for that.

Edited by Elemino, 10 September 2009 - 08:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users