Photo

Added New Hdd... Question On Dashbaord Menus, Etc.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bork1027

bork1027

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hello and thanks for reading. I recently installed the SID 4 softmod and unleash X on my xbox. I am planning to upgrade the HDD today or tomorrow. It is my understanding that the partitions will max out at 8 gigs with the exception of the G partition which is where the remaining space onthe drive will go.

So, my question is this. All of the menu options (emulators, apps, etc) all are "connected" to the E partition but that partition willnot have enough room to hold all of my roms and emulators. So, how can I change this so the menus are "connected" to the larger partition after I install the new HDD?

I'm a noob... can you tell? Thanks for the help!

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

The extra space will be in F, or in F and G, depending on how you choose to set it up.

If any of the F/G partitions is larger than 256GB you will need to use XBPartitioner 1.1 to do the formatting of F and/or G.

To get your Apps, emulators etc to appear in the menu you just need to check your config.xml. for example, for Apps it should say:

List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
<Path>E:\Apps</Path>
<Path>F:\Apps</Path>
<Path>G:\Apps</Path>
</List>

Just add whatever paths you want it to search for applications.

You can do the same thing for emulators, but I'm not sure about how emulators find ROMs, or if the emulator has to be on the same partition as its ROMs. If it does, just put the emulators and their ROMs on F, or on G.

As part of the new disk installation you might want to upgrade to a newer softmod (Kingroach NDURE 3.1 or Krayzie 1.1.1), one that gives you better protection against accidental file deletion on C.

Edited by Heimdall, 29 June 2009 - 07:05 PM.

#3 bork1027

bork1027

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:15 AM

Thanks! I will check this out and see if I can get it up and running. As far as instaling a new softmod, it must be much easier now that the machine is modded already. I'll look into that as well.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users