4 replies to this topic

#1 cbk41

cbk41

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

I've been having a very rough time trying to get anything done with my first xbox 360 flash with my samsung ms25. I've read through textbooks tutorial, gone through these forums and google, tried 5 different desktops, and I'm becoming quite frustrated.

My latest attempt was using my friends desktop with an Intel ICH8R/DO/DH SATA and using iPrep 0.8.8 and iXtreme1.6. We disconnected all the drives, hooked up the 360 to the first SATA port, and booted from the iPrep flash USB.

Went through the first 2 screens but then we got the error "cannot find any devices" and that samOFW.bin was not found, and to abort the process.

With jungleflasher, the drive just wouldnt plain be read so we couldnt find any drive information, or flash it. Several SATA cables were also used in this process.

Where should I go from here? Should I buy a VIA card even though the intel should be supported? I'm completely lost!

#2 deluxe247

deluxe247

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

See if the drive even shows up in your BIOS. If not, then it's not compatible and buying a VIA card would be your best bet. 100% compatibility > everything else.

Edited by deluxe247, 30 June 2009 - 09:19 AM.

#3 cbk41

cbk41

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

I might just have to, but none of these will be on my own desktop, so I'd rather not have to buy a card.

#4 cbk41

cbk41

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:55 AM

So I've been reading that I might have to hex edit mtkflash to work with an Intel chipset.

Could anyone link me to a tutorial or give me some tips on how to do this? I'm mainly clueless because I do not know how to get to mtk in iPrep.

Has hex editing been shown to make Intel ICH family chipsets work for flashing sammys?

#5 cbk41

cbk41

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(deluxe247 @ Jun 30 2009, 03:18 AM) View Post

See if the drive even shows up in your BIOS. If not, then it's not compatible and buying a VIA card would be your best bet. 100% compatibility > everything else.

Would this one be a winner?

http://www.directron...ia64213s1p.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users