#1 thejman129

thejman129

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

What software choices do I have in soft modding if I run windows 7? Does the Action Replay device work with W7? I have both a compatable usb and an original xbox memory card. sad.gif

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

You will probably have more luck with the xplorer360 program. It is capable of reading and writing fatx devices like the xbox memory devices. You can simply copy your gamesave to the memory device.

regards.

#3 thejman129

thejman129

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I have tried several versions of xplorer 360. there was a point when it worked but can no longer find fatx drives (wich im sure are connected properly).

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

You could download and try the Winhex proram.
If that one can't locate your physical connected USB drive, no other program will do so either.

In that case, your best bet would be a virtualisation program with USB support like virtualbox or vmware. You can install xp or win2000 in such an environment and try to use the tools in it.

regards.

#5 thejman129

thejman129

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

Winhex did alow me to accsess the drive but i have no idea how to load files onto the disk through it.

#6 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

I think you can create a partition image with the winhex program.
xplorer360 might be able to read/write from that partition image.
The problem is you need the full version of the program to create a binary image of a partition.
The trial version only can save in a format that can be read by winhex itself.
I only mentionned the program to see if you could still access usb fatx drives in windows 7.
Since it's still possible with winhex, it's strange that it doesn't work with xplorer360.

regards.

#7 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(obcd @ Jul 3 2009, 05:08 AM) View Post

Since it's still possible with winhex, it's strange that it doesn't work with xplorer360.

I used xplorer360 beta 6 on Win 7 with no problems at all. My flash drive was a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 512Mb which I knew worked with the xbox. Got the gamesaves onto the flash drive and onto the xbox via this route.

Edited by ldotsfan, 05 July 2009 - 02:51 AM.

#8 proofreader

proofreader

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(obcd @ Jul 1 2009, 06:42 PM) View Post

In that case, your best bet would be a virtualisation program with USB support like virtualbox or vmware. You can install xp or win2000 in such an environment and try to use the tools in it.

regards.

I did just that after finding the hard way that Windows 7 RC (under vmware) would not run Action Replay

In the end I managed to put together a lot of pieces from this forum and Using a Macbook running a demo of vmware and Windows XP running Action Replay and Auto Xbins I was able to get the items I needed in place and my xbox is now happily running XBMC with my iPhone acting as a very powerful remote.

Now I just need to learn the ins and outs of the system.

Thanks

#9 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(proofreader @ Aug 25 2009, 10:16 AM) View Post

I did just that after finding the hard way that Windows 7 RC (under vmware) would not run Action Replay

In the end I managed to put together a lot of pieces from this forum and Using a Macbook running a demo of vmware and Windows XP running Action Replay and Auto Xbins I was able to get the items I needed in place and my xbox is now happily running XBMC with my iPhone acting as a very powerful remote.

Now I just need to learn the ins and outs of the system.

Thanks

Oh yeah. Windows 7 is exciting stuff.

- 2 Bunny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users