5 replies to this topic

#1 h2000

h2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:53 AM

Hi, new here.

I've been having this problem with Rallisport 2 for a while now. I keep getting a silver screen with the error saying "there is a problem with this disc. It may be dirty or damaged." But my disc is just fine, pretty much perfectly clean. I tried a different copy of Rallisport 2 and still get the same error. I've also tried deleting all of my Rallisport 2 saves but still no luck.

All of my other games work fine, Halo, NGB, Rallisport 1, PGR, etc. Only Rallisport 2 gets this error.

Anyone know what the deal is? I was thinking my DVD drive (thomson drive) might be failing but it doesn't make sense considering Rallisport 2 is the only game that gets this error.

The last thing I want to do is buy a new DVD drive and still have the same problem with RSC2.

Edited by h2000, 01 July 2009 - 03:55 AM.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:01 AM

How big is this game? Anything over around 4.5gb requires a dual-layer disc, and those require a stronger laser in the drive in order to be read.

Has this console been modified in any way? If so, how?

#3 h2000

h2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

I think the game is around 6.5 GB, and yeah, the system is modded with a mod chip.

The game used to work before, before and after the mod chip. I was thinking it was a corrupt save but deleting the saves didn't do any good.

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:52 AM

First off, wipe your E:\Cache folder, as well as the contents of your X/Y/Z partitions (XBMC hides these frm you, but UnleashX'll let you see/clear 'em).

If that doesn't work, it might be a save related issue. Sure, you wiped the R2 saves already, but sometimes a corrupt save for one game can cause multiple others to fail. Try backing up your UDATA/TDATA folders, then wiping 'em. (Do this from UnleashX, XBMC tends to mess things up royally if the save folders really are corrupt).

If that fixes it you can try porting back your saves one at a time until you find the suspect one. If that doesn't work, then it's probably safe to assume a DVD drive issue.

#5 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:06 AM

... also make sure your date & time are correct as this affects certain games.

#6 h2000

h2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:55 AM

Hey Bloke, thanks for the great help. I was going to try out your suggestions tomorrow but decided to try out Alex's tip. It works now! I never would have thought the time and date would matter.

Anyway, thanks for helping!

Edited by h2000, 02 July 2009 - 04:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users