• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, what else?
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(delukard @ Sep 15 2009, 06:05 AM) View Post

BTW can someone correct me on this please.
If the 60gb model has the cpu(emotion engine) and the gpu and it's only emulating the sound, wouldn't a non 60gb ps3 be more stressed when playing a ps2 game because it's emulating everything and because of that probably accelerating it's dead?

Sure it'll be stressed from emulation but as long as a system stays cool it won't "accelerate its death". I've never heard of a cpu or gpu getting slower over time, these kinds of parts simply don't degrade like that. Traditional hard drives on the other hand do degrade because they have moving parts.

#17 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:01 AM

also, remember that every game uses 100% of the cpu. when developers talk about "using 80%" of a console's power, that doesn't mean they're only using 80% of the cpu (leaving 20% free). what that means is, their engine is only taking advantage of about 80% of the console's potential. however, when their code is ran, it is still using 100% (or really near 100% (some fluctuation & (- cpu reserved for dashboard)) of the cpu at all times. 2 years later, when the same developer says, they've maxed out the console, that just means their engine runs more efficiently and they can't see their engine achieving much more than it currently is. anyways, the point i'm trying to make is, every game creates the same amount of heat. whether it looks like crap or is the best looking game ever made, they will all generate the same amount of heat. therefore, efficiency != heat generation.

Edited by spinr34, 26 September 2009 - 09:02 AM.

#18 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:58 AM

One year later.... and this is still the latest news. Someone needs to revive ps3scene.com. The ps3 can't be modded or hacked, big deal, give us something to talk about!

#19 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Ed_209 @ Jan 20 2010, 05:58 AM) View Post

One year later.... and this is still the latest news. Someone needs to revive ps3scene.com. The ps3 can't be modded or hacked, big deal, give us something to talk about!

Yeah, I'm starting to think this is NOT going to happen and that they may of just patented the technology for future consideration, like say the PS4.....I just think it would have been brought up again if it was going down.

#20 Muzzakus

Muzzakus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:16 AM

Time to dust this site off eh? The homebrew on PS3 may indeed be more feasible on this platform compared to 360 if all PS3 models present and future are vulnrable.

http://geohotps3.blo...er-platter.html

#21 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(Muzzakus @ Jan 27 2010, 03:16 AM) View Post

Time to dust this site off eh? The homebrew on PS3 may indeed be more feasible on this platform compared to 360 if all PS3 models present and future are vulnrable.
http://geohotps3.blo...er-platter.html

My thoughts exactly. The ps3 dev scene could be HUGE and PS3scene.com could become just as big. Let's get some headlines that aren't over a year old!

#22 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

ahhhhh its so annoying. everytime i go to check out ps3scene, i see that same fkn headline. either update it, or close it sleeping.gif

#23 xboxjason

xboxjason

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:27 AM

Hacked.

http://www.engadget....es-without-inv/

Post this news, or you may as well close this "PS3scene".

Edited by xboxjason, 20 August 2010 - 03:27 AM.

#24 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

topic closed for now, the ps3 site issue is being looked at, that is all i can say for now.

please for now submit news via the link on the site, you never know it might pick up.

please don't slag of sites if you are not willing to contribute in a positive way. People that run these sites have full time jobs and family's to look after first, so be patient and grateful for what you have already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users