uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Okay, I tried to change my account email to a live.com email so I could separate board emails from my BST emails. Well I guess M$ has a block on xbox-scene emails going to live.com accounts because I cannot receive the revalidation code. I tried to change my email address back to the original but cannot do anything until my account has been revalidated. I assume all I need is a revalidation code and then I can just change my email back to the original again.

Have a happy and safe fourth of july all!

Any help from the mods would be greatly appreciated. My original account information is below.

Thanks.

nickname: optical

original email: x360modr at gmail.com

current bad email: x360modr at live.com

#2 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:15 AM

Have you checked the junk inbox?

They wont filter out certain emails, they will just appear in your junk folder if they think its junk (which happens for most forums)

#3 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE(scuba156 @ Jul 4 2009, 08:15 PM) View Post
Have you checked the junk inbox?

They wont filter out certain emails, they will just appear in your junk folder if they think its junk (which happens for most forums)

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did check the junk folder. I added scenyx.com as a contact as well. They are definately blocking it sad.gif

#4 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

Yeah i tested it out, and they dont seem to be getting through at all.

You will have to contact a Head Mod or wait for one to see this thread

Edited by scuba156, 05 July 2009 - 09:48 AM.

#5 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(scuba156 @ Jul 5 2009, 04:47 AM) View Post
Yeah i tested it out, and they dont seem to be getting through at all.

You will have to contact a Head Mod or wait for one to see this thread

Thanks for looking into it scuba156. I appreciate your time. I have contacted a head moderator. I am currently in the process of tracking down "The One" who can help me. I will post an update when I have one.

BTW, I think that is pretty terrible that M$ blocks senders at the server level. I could name off a list of things that makes that just wrong and violates peoples right to communicate with who ever they choose. I know for me, in my country, that is a violation of my supposed constitutional rights!

Thanks.

#6 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

While I am able to edit many things in your profile, that is not one of them.

You will need the help of an Admin.... basically Xantium.

I will pass this info on to him, and hopefully he can get it changed back to your gmail account.

A side note.... many email services block certain sites if they receive a lot of email from them. They assume the site is spamming, and of course it doesn't help if their customers click the "this is spam" button. Doesn't take long before a forum is banned. I am a member at another very large forum, that is totally without controversy, and it also is banned by hotmail/live. Basically MS isn't blocking x-s because of the content, its blocking x-s cause it believes it to be a large source of spam.

#7 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Jul 6 2009, 02:56 AM) View Post
While I am able to edit many things in your profile, that is not one of them.

You will need the help of an Admin.... basically Xantium.

I will pass this info on to him, and hopefully he can get it changed back to your gmail account.

A side note.... many email services block certain sites if they receive a lot of email from them. They assume the site is spamming, and of course it doesn't help if their customers click the "this is spam" button. Doesn't take long before a forum is banned. I am a member at another very large forum, that is totally without controversy, and it also is banned by hotmail/live. Basically MS isn't blocking x-s because of the content, its blocking x-s cause it believes it to be a large source of spam.

Yes, I have tried to contact Xantium (his PM box is full) so I have contacted another mod who I was told may be able to get ahold of him. I have been avoiding saying the nicknames of who I have contacted as some people may think that they can spam these guys non-stop for every little issue wrong with their account rolleyes.gif

Im not really in an urgent mode I just dont want any of the people who I have been doing business with to think I am leaving them hanging if they are trying to contact the optical account. Luckily, I was able to modify my signature to explain the issue and point to this account for contact information.

I agree with regards to the M$ thing. That is probably the case. Filtering at the server level is crap though. Im sure many if not all users who have the capibility to do so would much rather have a filter similar to the adblocker filter where the individual filters are updated with server wide updates but still leaving you the option to override each filter. Yep, I said it! Its my idea and I own it!!! tongue.gif

StrictPuppet and scuba156, I want to thank the both of you for taking an interest in my issue. I really appreciate your time biggrin.gif

Thanks.

Edited by uN0pEn, 06 July 2009 - 05:36 PM.

#8 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(uN0pEn @ Jul 5 2009, 11:03 AM) View Post

I know for me, in my country, that is a violation of my supposed constitutional rights!

your email is a private service being provided to you. constitutional rights have nothing to do with it. you agreed to the terms of service of your email provider.

if you don't like the way they operate, get a new provider. use your isp email, use gmail, use yahoo, get a pay email service instead of a free one. you have plenty of options.

(don't get me wrong, it is pretty scummy that they are completely discarding the emails with no notification. it should at least go into the junk folder or be hit with a spam assassin header)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users