4 replies to this topic

#1 ryoaska

ryoaska

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:12 PM

The main laptop I've always used to transfer files to/from my xbox had to be repaired recently, so I've been using a different machine. I finally got my laptop back, but now whenever I try to connect Flash FXP is saying the connection was denied (although I don't think it's an authorization thing, I get the same error if I use an address that doesn't exist on my network). The weird thing is, it works fine from the other machine.

the only repair done was video card related, I didn't even send the HDD in with the laptop, so nothing has changed software wise. I've tried FTPing to the dashboard ftp server (avalaunch), as well as XBMCs and I keep getting the same error.

I went through the ftp server options in both dash/xbmc, everything appears normal. I don't see any setting for machines that are allowed/blocked or anything... can't really make any sense of these symptoms. Any ideas?

#2 ryoaska

ryoaska

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

one thing I forgot to mention, I can ping the xbox from the machine in question and get a response.

#3 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:46 AM

List what your network set up is. Routers, switches.

Have you tried a crossover cable straight to the Xbox? Have you tried FTPing from an Internet site? Internet works on this machine?

#4 ryoaska

ryoaska

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:29 AM

Thanks for the response

I have a linksys wireless router (WRT54G), and all my machines both wired/wireless connect through the router. Xbox is wired, both laptops (the one that works and the one that doesn't) are both wireless.

The xbox appears to have internet acces (the time/date is scnc'ed online and I have up to date weather etc in xbmc). Also, i'm sorry but I'm not clear on what you mean by FTPing from an internet site.

The weird thing here to me is that from the xbox I can see all the other boxes on the network, including the one I can't ftp from, and it can be pinged from the other boxes too. Nothing on the hard drive of the machine that can't FTP has changed between the time it worked and now (even has the same static IP), and the only thing I can think of that has changed on the xbox was that I updated XBMC. But since I'm having this problem in the dash as well, I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I haven't tried an xover cable to the box, but even if that works, I'm more interested in getting ftp from this machine working again than getting some specific content to the box.

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Can you run Evox or Avalaunch as a dash and FTP to it then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users