• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lazarus2345

lazarus2345

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

Well I'm debating on buying a jasper, but I'm reluctant because this will be my 4th 360. I am in no way rich, and I don't want to shell out the money only to have it die on me in a few months. So I was wondering what is the failure rate with the jasper? I'm on the fence here if I'll buy another one or not, and need a little help deciding.

#2 uN0pEn

uN0pEn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(lazarus2345 @ Jul 6 2009, 01:28 PM) View Post
Well I'm debating on buying a jasper, but I'm reluctant because this will be my 4th 360. I am in no way rich, and I don't want to shell out the money only to have it die on me in a few months. So I was wondering what is the failure rate with the jasper? I'm on the fence here if I'll buy another one or not, and need a little help deciding.

I dont think the votes are really in on Jasper yet. I am seeing with my repairs that each revision has problems. The problems do however differ slightly from each revision. In my opinion, all problems so far have been ultimately due to heat disapation and lead free solder. It may be that even the Jasper revision will fall to lead free solder as well. We will see...

#3 Lazloisdavrock

Lazloisdavrock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Modding.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(lazarus2345 @ Jul 6 2009, 12:28 PM) View Post

Buy one now man. Most Arcades on shelves now are Jasper! You can check out my thread about my March 2009 Jasper. Very happy with it. very quite. I slapped on my 120GB hdd and ready to go for awhile now!

#4 richilg1

richilg1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I play Halo
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:49 AM

see if this will help your decision: i left my jasper model arcade on 4 half of pirates of the carribean 3 w/ the towel trick applied and only ONE fan working on it! it was absolutly insane that it lasted almost two hours with only 1 fan and a towel trick applied to it. most non jaspers will last a couple mins on the dashboard only

Edited by richilg1, 07 July 2009 - 05:50 AM.

#5 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:20 AM

Why were you doing the towel trick?

#6 Lazloisdavrock

Lazloisdavrock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Modding.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(richilg1 @ Jul 6 2009, 11:49 PM) View Post

see if this will help your decision: i left my jasper model arcade on 4 half of pirates of the carribean 3 w/ the towel trick applied and only ONE fan working on it! it was absolutly insane that it lasted almost two hours with only 1 fan and a towel trick applied to it. most non jaspers will last a couple mins on the dashboard only

Are you kidding me LOL, thats completely awesome!

#7 brain27

brain27

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:like hacking and making things.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(richilg1 @ Jul 7 2009, 05:49 AM) View Post

shit. That is just erm...erm...COOL
This "jasper" is a kickass motherboard. AND you decided to test it. your awesome! laugh.gif

QUOTE(lazarus2345 @ Jul 6 2009, 06:28 PM) View Post

I've heard the jasper is very reliable and wont get the rrod too easily. So just go ahead and buy it.

#8 richilg1

richilg1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I play Halo
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

btw, i was towel tricking it just to test it and see how long it would last. i had a warranty and another xbx so......... i thought, hmmmmm, lets see how far i get in this movie b4 it rrod's

#9 OmegaSix

OmegaSix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

Sadist...

All Xbox 360's are made like shit and will fail. Nuff said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users