Photo

Jasper In (dutch) Elite Resident Evil 5 Bundle?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 E-Vix

E-Vix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

Yes... I know... All red Xbox 360 Elite Resident Evil 5 bundle packages have a Jasper motherboard.
But.... For some vague reason Microsoft Benelux decided that they would release the Resident Evil 5 bundle with a black Elite and controller instead of a read one over here in the Netherlands.
So far I've come across 1 guy from the Netherlands who had gotten himself an X360 Elite RE5 bundle from the Netherlands and he ended up with a Falcon motherboard instead of a Jasper.
So what I would like to know is if there are more guys from the Netherlands here who have bought the RE5 bundle, and if they got a Falcon or a Jasper motherboard.

My Xenon got a RROD last monday. I fixed it by bending the x-clamps so that they would provide a little more pressure to the CPU and GPU. It's working again, but I fear that the RROD in time may come back again. Besides that I've allways wanted to have a black 360, a larger harddrive and HDMI, so now is a good time to upgrade.
Why a Jasper? Why not! It should run cooler and thus also quieter. Why settle for a falcon if you can also get a Jasper for the same price wink.gif

#2 ruley

ruley

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:01 AM

Most likely it would be a falcon, as they didn't have to make a special batch for the pack, it would just be old stock.

#3 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:08 AM

Why not just drive down to the store and check for yourself?

#4 E-Vix

E-Vix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(SphtKr76 @ Jul 9 2009, 04:08 AM) View Post

Why not just drive down to the store and check for yourself?

Because I'm too lazy wink.gif No. Just kidding...
They only way to know for sure if it's a Falcon or a Jasper would be to take it out of the box. And most retailers over here aren't too happy with that. Hell... Most retailers don't even carry that pack in stock so I would have to order it from some webshop, and they'll never open it just to check it.
Besides that I'm probably going by somebody tonight who has brand new resident evil pack for sale at 75 less than what it costs in the shops. The guy isn't really big in answers and asking him to check wether it's a falcon or a jasper would really be too much of him. So if I can save myself the trouble of driving to him, checking the console, getting in an arguement because it's a Falcon and because I've wasted both our time then I would gladly do that. Posting a question over here to ask the experts only takes a couple of minutes biggrin.gif

#5 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(E-Vix @ Jul 8 2009, 11:20 PM) View Post

Because I'm too lazy wink.gif No. Just kidding...
They only way to know for sure if it's a Falcon or a Jasper would be to take it out of the box. And most retailers over here aren't too happy with that. Hell... Most retailers don't even carry that pack in stock so I would have to order it from some webshop, and they'll never open it just to check it.
Besides that I'm probably going by somebody tonight who has brand new resident evil pack for sale at 75 less than what it costs in the shops. The guy isn't really big in answers and asking him to check wether it's a falcon or a jasper would really be too much of him. So if I can save myself the trouble of driving to him, checking the console, getting in an arguement because it's a Falcon and because I've wasted both our time then I would gladly do that. Posting a question over here to ask the experts only takes a couple of minutes biggrin.gif

You can see the 12.1a mark on the back by looking through the flap on the side of the box where the serial# is located. Just have to slide the console over a bit and you can just barely see it. If it says 12.1 then its for sure a Jasper, I'm not aware of any Jaspers that have the 14.5a rating on them.

#6 Mjollnir

Mjollnir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

Jaspers by design have reduced thermal and power requirements, if it says 12.1A u can be guaranteed it s a Jasper

#7 JTBold

JTBold

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(SphtKr76 @ Jul 9 2009, 08:59 AM) View Post

You can see the 12.1a mark on the back by looking through the flap on the side of the box where the serial# is located. Just have to slide the console over a bit and you can just barely see it.

The Pro and Elite bundles are even harder to see since the presence of the hard drive prevents the console from being shifted over as far. Bring a flashlight and and screwdriver/letter-opener (or some other small flat tool). Use the letter opener to gently lift up the cardboard, and shine the flashlight inside.

Try it first with an Arcade so you know what you're looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users