Photo

Random Freezing After E71, Someone Help?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Extreme184X

Extreme184X

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

I have a 360 that suffered from Error 71 every time it started up, reading older posts for a possible fix, I learned by leaving the console on for like 30 minutes(so it can heat up), turn it off, then back on, and finally boots normally. Now my problem it boots normally, but FREEZES AT RANDOM within less than 2 minutes. To be accurate; it freezes in NXE, During game play and WITH or WITHOUT a HD, or just doing absolutely nothing. I'm not gonna bother with an Xclamp fix (im pretty sure this not the problem at all) I can't update it since it has the latest version which did failed during updating, but still boots.
NOT LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING REPLIES:
1)Clear console cache:Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X
"Been tried that, still freezes without HD."
2)Send it to Microsoft.
"Warranty Voided, obviously I'm trying to troubleshoot the dam console"
3)Buy a new 360.
"Now your trying to Slick, Don't waste my time".
4)Your in the Wrong Forum.
"No I am Not."
5)Has been dealt with, read past forums.
"Don't waste my time again, reading older posts is the first thing I did, if I missed it, gimme the dam link.

I have fixed many 360's learning stuff from here, but this is the first I can't find a solution.
Usually freezes in 2 minutes or less, sometime (very little though) displays e71 again, plz help me thanks in advance.

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

It is long shot but did you try to heatgun the memory chips?

#3 Eiskold

Eiskold

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

my mate has a 360 with the same problem - this is the surprising simple fix he did to resolve it, and some things you should check before you decide to cook it or anything like that.

note: he did the harddrive in out thing as you did with the same results.

what to try:
if you've got any arcade games, give them a shot to see if they freeze. if they play fine, dont go heatgunin or clamp fixing it.

*** 1st method of fixing (speculative):
first time it happened, he had his firmware reflashed from 1.5 to the original, then ran a game with it and it worked.
so then he reflashed to ixtreme 1.6 - convenient update to his drive, e71 went away and everything worked again.
not sure how it was fixed, but it worked again (maybe not as a result of any of the above).

5 months later, e71 returned.
*** 2nd method: (again speculative)

this time, -- he decided to install a new game just as a test, and it worked (to his surprise) but his older installs didnt.
so he deleted all the old games off his harddrive and then reinstalled and tried the games again. and they work now.

what was boggling was it would refuse to work even with the harddrive in out, but after deleteing and reinstalling, it was all fine.

In short, i dont know which steps can be credited to the end result, or if any is relevant at all, but i can safely say that in the end, the xbox is working again, and no more e71s have shown up.

Best of Luck

#4 Extreme184X

Extreme184X

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

Dam, I tried both methods, still freezing.
after flashing the firmware, it only tends to last longer being on. Also sometimes it boots my backups, it takes me straight to E71 Screen. Also it has reading issues with some backups, after they boot it says disc is unplayable saying it needs to be clean or something, its weird because my discs are scratchless and good brand discs.

Need more Feedback, I not ready for heatgunning yet , Maybe someone else might have a solution for this random freezing is, plz help!!!!

#5 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:26 AM

Long shot again , but worth to try it out:

http://www.unscripte...ox-live-gamers/

This link was provided by another xbox-scene member. the scorpionrecords. Credits to him!

This is manual update of your dashboard if you have no XBOX-Live connection.

#6 Extreme184X

Extreme184X

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:48 AM

Update method, was the very first thing i did, through a flash drive, but it error out at 90 something percent (don't remember).

#7 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

Try the CD method instead.

#8 Extreme184X

Extreme184X

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:53 AM

yes tried the CD Method, it doesnt boot, since has the latest update installed (the one that failed at 90 something percent)

#9 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:57 AM

I can't think of anything else... sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users