#1 davidhes

davidhes

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Computer, Rugby League

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:10 PM

Ok Ive been reading up a fair bit lately about xbox linux and have decided I will take the plunge and install one of the many distros. I have come to the conclusion that gentoox seems like a very good choice, is this true? or should i try another one like debian? Now just a few clarifying questions please.

1. When i install gentoox it should already have all the main programs like internet browser, email client etc installed? (That is what i mainly what linux for the internet)

2. It is true that i do not need a usb keyboard or mouse as there is xpad or something?

3. gentoox must be installed to e: drive but later can be moved to my f drive?

4. what are some good emerge programs that you know of or reccomend i should get?

5. gentoox is 100% safe with having all my applications, games and dashboards on f: drive?

6. does gentoox have to be constantly connected to my compuer and internet connection?

Thanks if anyone has any other pointers for me please tell me as I have NEVER used linux before.

#2 bombzhome

bombzhome

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Xbox, and MORE XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (davidhes @ Jun 24 2003, 05:10 PM)
Ok Ive been reading up a fair bit lately about xbox linux and have decided I will take the plunge and install one of the many distros. I have come to the conclusion that gentoox seems like a very good choice, is this true? or should i try another one like debian? Now just a few clarifying questions please.

1. When i install gentoox it should already have all the main programs like internet browser, email client etc installed? (That is what i mainly what linux for the internet)

2. It is true that i do not need a usb keyboard or mouse as there is xpad or something?

4. what are some good emerge programs that you know of or reccomend i should get?

5. gentoox is 100% safe with having all my applications, games and dashboards on f: drive?

6. does gentoox have to be constantly connected to my compuer and internet connection?

Thanks if anyone has any other pointers for me please tell me as I have NEVER used linux before.

ok heres these answers:

question 6: gentoox does NOT hafta be connected to the internet 24/7
question 5: leave ur apps on ur E drive... transfer GenTooX over to ur E drive (IN NO SUBFOLDERS) and then run gentooxx.xbe

#3 SeasonOfFire

SeasonOfFire

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (davidhes @ Jun 24 2003, 09:10 PM)

1. yes.
2. yes.
3. yes.
4. emerge gaim
(instant messenger)
5. yes
6. no.

Just take the plunge already. You won't regret it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users