X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

Afternoon all,

My daughter is now growing up fast, and is into everything including my 360 discs!! Anyway, I have been pondering about the NME v2 as i can then play backups and it auto disables the ethernet port which is ideal, and if she gets hold of one, it doesnt matter!! And ill still have my originals to play on Live so i can have it both ways,...can i??

So,...

My questions are,

Is the NME v2 the best chip to buy?

How often does it need updating, and how is it done?

Will it come pre-flashed with what i need to run my backups?

#2 RRODXbox

RRODXbox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

Just flash your drive, the xbox stores all information of games played offline even if your ethernet is disabled so when you next go online it "phones home" with all the dirty info.

#3 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE(RRODXbox @ Jul 17 2009, 04:33 PM) View Post

Just flash your drive, the xbox stores all information of games played offline even if your ethernet is disabled so when you next go online it "phones home" with all the dirty info.

that's not true... ive asked the question about phoning home and no one, not even a single moderator, can give a straight answer with evidence proving that the xbox sends data which will result in a ban... i run nme 2.0 in my 360 and it works just fine... if u want to go with a chip, do it... be advised that wave 3 games (the newer ones) are not supported by nme 2.0 anymore and you have to edit some files to make the game wave 1/2 compliant... takes about 3 minutes longer...

#4 boon147

boon147

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

Thanks both,...

Just need some things clarifying tho,...

If i flash (and would be the cheaper option) am i right in thinking that if i play only my original online i would be OK? <<< I Would disconnect / switch off ethernet when running backups. I understand that its the backups that the console detects, and then MS bans you, as opposed to detecting hacked firmware?

Also, what options are in place so i only have to take my console apart once to flash?? I seen the Xecuter connect kit, but that puts me about on par (cost wise) with a chip?

I have doubts now about the fact that the NME is not 'Wave 3' compatible? What is Wave 1/2/3? And can the NME be flashed to rectify this issue? Would the firmware hack have this problem also?

And lastly, how often do you have to flash the firmware on the drive?

Many Thanks in advance,

Paul

Edited by boon147, 18 July 2009 - 10:07 PM.

#5 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:12 AM

ok ill try answer these questions as best i can:

1)if you flash, you can still play originals online just fine, the same goes for a chip... either way, originals are OK online
2) according to "the scene", the backup is detected as being not original... thats why you get banned... thats where the stealth checks come into play... if it passes all the checks, its ok to play online
3) taking the console apart is a chore at first til you get the hang of it... you DO NOT need any special kit... a small flathead worked just fine for me the first time i took it apart... look at youtube for a video tutorial for taking it apart
4) nme is NOT wave3 compatible, there are wave 1, wave 2, and wave 3 games... if you backup a wave 3 game the same way you back up a wave 1/2 game (and intend to play it with the chip), it will not work... you need to replace 2 files that make the chip think the game is wave 1/2...
5) the nme can be flashed according to the dev team that made it... BUT they have never put out an update for the chip... ever... and do not expect them to
6) flashing the firmware on the drive is easy to do... and only needs to be done when MS puts out a change to the games that makes it not compliant anymore...

overall... you cannot play backups online with the chip... you can when you flash the firmware... i like the chip because there is no way i can go online with a backup... if any of this information is wrong (i dont think any is) i apologize... best of luck

QUOTE(boon147 @ Jul 18 2009, 04:02 PM) View Post

Thanks both,...

Just need some things clarifying tho,...

If i flash (and would be the cheaper option) am i right in thinking that if i play only my original online i would be OK? <<< I Would disconnect / switch off ethernet when running backups. I understand that its the backups that the console detects, and then MS bans you, as opposed to detecting hacked firmware?

Also, what options are in place so i only have to take my console apart once to flash?? I seen the Xecuter connect kit, but that puts me about on par (cost wise) with a chip?

I have doubts now about the fact that the NME is not 'Wave 3' compatible? What is Wave 1/2/3? And can the NME be flashed to rectify this issue? Would the firmware hack have this problem also?

And lastly, how often do you have to flash the firmware on the drive?

Many Thanks in advance,

Paul

#6 RRODXbox

RRODXbox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE(fightclub @ Jul 18 2009, 12:58 AM) View Post

that's not true... ive asked the question about phoning home and no one, not even a single moderator, can give a straight answer with evidence proving that the xbox sends data which will result in a ban... i run nme 2.0 in my 360 and it works just fine... if u want to go with a chip, do it... be advised that wave 3 games (the newer ones) are not supported by nme 2.0 anymore and you have to edit some files to make the game wave 1/2 compliant... takes about 3 minutes longer...

It's called secdata.bin

Why else do you think they created the Cygnos chip so you can have a dirty NAND that you never ever connect to live with but go online with originals with the consoles nand so the secdata.bin info on the Cygnos never ever gets sent to live.

#7 run187

run187

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:37 PM

so your gona change wave 3 games to 2 and put a pointless chip in that no where near as secure as flashing it
i would be willing to bet money that you would get flaged for both the chip and changing games to wave 2
pointless chip costing money or flashing err lets see free tough choice that one and the free option gives you your live still dam tough choice that one

#8 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:56 AM

I've been playing my Halo3 and Cod5 backups online all day every day for almost a year on ixtreme 1.6 and 1.51 before that. Ixtreme 1.6 simply prevents you from being able to run a detectable backup. I'm now looking into a modchip to allow me to do (other) hacks eg reigon modding, internal chassis i.d (i forget the correct name for the number, the one you need to replace if you get console banned.. just in case MS start detecting jitter etc..)

If anyone could give me advice on what chip(s) i will need (I'm a ninja when it comes to solder but that's why I want to do as little as possible) I find it hard to believe there can be a solderless chip

Brgds

PS:Sorry for double post but i needs answers!! ph34r.gif

#9 m4verick

m4verick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:28 AM

I have NMEv2 and I've changed in Batman: Arkham Asylum from Wave3 to Wave2 like below:

1. Start XDVDMulleter
2. View ISO Details
3. Choose a Wave 2 Game ISO to extract the (PFI) and (Video Partition)
4. Extract PFI and save it to hard disk.
5. Extract Video Partition File and save it to hard disk
6. View ISO Details with Wave 3 ISO - Select [No] When Asked to try and repair unknown Video section.
7. Select (insert video) Under the Video Tab - Select [No] When asked Auto Insert Video.
8. Insert the Wave 2 Video Partition that you saved to your hard disk.
9. Extract DMI under the stealth tab to the same place as PFI and Video Partition.
10. Reboot mulleter and choose Build/Rebuild an ISO
11. Load the Wave 3 image and click Next
12. Choose Create a cloned DVD9 ISO und click next
13. Choose Load from source ISO und click next
14. Now choose Load from files and load the (PFI), and (DMI) files you just extracted
15. Click on Make ISO and save it.
16. Under (Other) Tab Select (Make .dvd File) and Save
17. Use NME Associator
18. Burn the ISO with the DVD file .

and it is not work!

#10 letsmod

letsmod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:41 AM

you dont need to convert to wave 2 with NME, it doesnt care if its 3rd wave or not, it is not patched like ixtreme and the checksums are not done not a flashed drive

Edited by letsmod, 13 September 2009 - 06:42 AM.

#11 Snake126

Snake126

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:12 AM

I have been using the NME 2.0 online for over a year and i have not been banned... If you do not play online i would say your chances are slim to none.

#12 xxpittbullxx

xxpittbullxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:39 AM

By changing the wave from 3 to 2 your just asking to get banned
This in not a good idea if you ripped your own game and checked it in ABGX360 then whats there to worry about ?

#13 gekko_xbox

gekko_xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

does anyone know how to patch WAVE 4 game to get them working with nme V2 ??
blink.gif

#14 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(gekko_xbox @ Oct 31 2009, 10:17 AM) View Post

does anyone know how to patch WAVE 4 game to get them working with nme V2 ??
blink.gif

check this post you started... it works.. i used it on cod: modern warfare 2

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4569257

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users