ghettoc401

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

I have an ms28 that's currently at iXtreme 1.4 and I wanted to get it to 1.6 so that I can play wave 3 games. I tried to unlock the drive via Jungleflasher but it wasn't able to get the drive in Vendor mode. I even burned 3 activeate.iso disks (on DL media) and it seems that the drive is reading the disk but it still doesn't help me get it into Vendor mode.

Now my question is how am I supposed to be going about this update since the firmware is spoofed? Jungle Flasher reads the drive as a 78, but it's actually a ms28, would this be the issue? I've tried dumping the firmware via the Hitachi method but that does not work as well (didn't think it would, just thought I would give it a shot since JF thinks its a Hitachi). If there's anything I'm missing, please let me know, and thanks in advance.

#2 turny

turny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(ghettoc401 @ Jul 17 2009, 10:22 PM) View Post

I have an ms28 that's currently at iXtreme 1.4 and I wanted to get it to 1.6 so that I can play wave 3 games. I tried to unlock the drive via Jungleflasher but it wasn't able to get the drive in Vendor mode. I even burned 3 activeate.iso disks (on DL media) and it seems that the drive is reading the disk but it still doesn't help me get it into Vendor mode.

Now my question is how am I supposed to be going about this update since the firmware is spoofed? Jungle Flasher reads the drive as a 78, but it's actually a ms28, would this be the issue? I've tried dumping the firmware via the Hitachi method but that does not work as well (didn't think it would, just thought I would give it a shot since JF thinks its a Hitachi). If there's anything I'm missing, please let me know, and thanks in advance.
its a sammy so treat it as one ,click device id/intro ,will come back failed yes to resend ,jack power out then back in within 1 sec should be in vendor mode.

#3 ghettoc401

ghettoc401

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

Thanks, that worked like a charm! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users