• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MysticZangetsu

MysticZangetsu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:28 AM

Ok my problem is I took my 120gb hdd out of my desktop pc to be used in the modding of my xbox but it failed, but the hdd was still ok and was working although it was still acting like an xbox hdd. After returning my xbox's original hdd to its proper place, I then began the process of reversing what I had done to the 120 but got to thinking that it would be even nicer if I could use it instead of the 80gb hdd as the main drive, so I made an image of the original 80gb hdd and copied it to the 120gb hdd, then I realized that the 120 still had the hex edit to make it xbox recognized so i copied the hex from the 80 over to the 120 thinking itd be more easily recognized by the pc as the main drive like that. After a swap and reboot I get a message stating no os on the hdd so I think no problem ill just use the recovery since its now a copy of the original. Things seem to go fine till it tells me it cant format the hdd. Okay so now I get worried that I may have royally screwed this up so i switch the hdds around yet again and load my hex editor to see if it was still hexed as an xbox to find that the entire hex is 0's. What I need is either a hex for it that would make it back to normal or some other way to fix it without having to buy a new one. If anyone can help either post or pm me, any help here would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:14 AM

im not sure what your talking about here, ive swapped countless hard drives from PC to xbox and vice versa and never had to hex edit anything or do anything special to the drive other than reformatting it

maybe you mean the drive is locked to the xbox? in which case you should just have to unlock it and format for PC

#3 MysticZangetsu

MysticZangetsu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:21 AM

no i followed a guide from this site and it said that using hex workshop you need to -> key 3 times and type in brfr to make it work and i did and then it didnt work, but i took the locking and everything off but it still wont reformat for the pc and the original hex for the drive vanished after i tried making it a copy of my pcs c drive so i could have a bigger c drive.

#4 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:35 AM

I don't know what the hell you read, but it's a load of crap (or you followed instructions to something totally different).

Unlock the 120 gig hard drive from your xbox, then format it to NTFS on your PC.
No hex editing required at all.
Once formatted, use either free tools or retail software (like Norton Ghost) to clone your 80 gig hard drive to the new 120 gig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users