2 replies to this topic

#1 Mozee

Mozee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

Well I wasn't entirely sure where to put this but I have a feeling this a problem associated with EvoX and not much else. Whenever I try to FTP from the EvoX dashboard, there is a 5 second delay between each file transfer. Regardless of the size of the file, it literally sits there for 5 seconds before transfering each file. This problem makes transferring big folders of dozens or hundreds of files, regardless of the size of each file, take hours (possibly even days), when it could take just a few minutes!

I previously never had this problem when I first modded my system, I'm, not sure what's causing this now...

Now the funny part is, when I go on XBMC, the file transfers are as quick as they're suppose to be. Zips through folders and transfers files right away, which has led me to believe this is a problem with the EvolutionX setup I have.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

Edited by Mozee, 18 July 2009 - 05:05 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

Yes, it can be very slow - Evox FTP doesn't support passive mode.

Use XBMC, or UnleashX.

#3 Ten-96

Ten-96

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:10 AM

I found the same thing about Evox and FTP'ing - really, really, really slow uploading. Then, I got FlashFXP and the uploads speeds are great. Let me know if you'd like a copy PM; if so, just PM me your email address and I'll send you a link to the file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users