• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tfatcobra

tfatcobra

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:16 PM

I have some experience fixing xbox 360s but not experienced with the ps3 which just opening one up looks great and built much better than the xbox 360. My friend bought a brand new ps3 close to a year ago he and he dropped it down the stairs, He didn't even use it once . He gave it to me a few days ago to see what I can do with it. First thing is I can hear many pieces moving around. I opened it up and noticed the shielding around the power supply was damaged a bit but the worst is the blu ray drive.I opened it and it's not too bad their is plastic white piece that is broken, on the other side of the white spindle that hold the disc down (i will post a picture.) Now The questions. When I turn the PS3 one it goes green then to a red following 3 beeps. I am guessing the power is okay because it's turning on. Does the blu ray drive have to be installed to perform a boot up and what else do you think I should check on.If i leave the switch on it says red so I am guessing it's on stand by and that there is power flow.

let me know what you think
-thanks

#2 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:13 AM

It sounds like something on the motherboard might be messed up causing it to freeze and then go on stand by, instead of booting. Falling down a flight of stairs isn't really a small thing when it comes to something like a PS3. If the smallest wire or resister or anything got knocked loose the system wont function correctly.....I would say send it to SONY to look at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users