Photo

Play Pirate Games Through Pc Using Drive Emulation?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 ddlshack

ddlshack

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

I got fed up having to spend like 40p per disk burning games which i might only play once. So, I had an idea of hooking up the xbox directly to your pc via a sata cable and having a program which used the portio32 drivers to communicate with the xbox 360 just like the dvd drive would, but from an iso file.

This seems technically possible to me, and having hacked firmware means the knowledge of the i/o commands must be pretty good. This had probably been suggested before, but it seems like a good idea to disscuss/try. smile.gif

#2 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

I give this all of 20-30 minutes before it gets locked.

You sir are a moron.

#3 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Only one thing you need to know.

You did not read the forum rules and you proudly advertised that you are a Pirate and hence you stay here will be short and sweet.

#4 ddlshack

ddlshack

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jul 22 2009, 04:24 PM) View Post

Only one thing you need to know.

You did not read the forum rules and you proudly advertised that you are a Pirate and hence you stay here will be short and sweet.

Yeah you do realise that xbox drive flashing is illegal too. It doesn't matter whether the games are legal or not, my idea is still the same. Just replace the word 'pirate' with 'backup'. It wouldn't change the meaning.

#5 Spark

Spark

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

There's a great deal of difference.

To 'backup' is to protect a resource which you already own.

To 'pirate' is to steal.

#6 ddlshack

ddlshack

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Jul 22 2009, 04:34 PM) View Post

There's a great deal of difference.

To 'backup' is to protect a resource which you already own.

To 'pirate' is to steal.

actually, its copyright infringement, not stealing. Also, flashing the drives is illegal because it is circumventing copyright protection measures, and it also contains copyrighted code from the original firmware.

But anyway, does nobody care about my idea? It is feasible I think, obviously the dvd drive key would have to be inputted by the user. I'm not sure whether it uses its own protocol for data transfer and data requests. If its just a standard protocol it should be fairly easy. It would save people having to pay 40p for their 'backups' wink.gif

Edited by ddlshack, 22 July 2009 - 04:43 PM.

#7 ghaladream

ghaladream

X-S Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

The guy has a point, I'm willing to bet that not many people on here that ask for advice ACTUALLY own original copies of their backups. I'm sure some do, but the vast majority don't. Anyone who posts here regularly just knows not to mention piracy is all. You can still get advice even if you are a pirate, just change your words around and don't use the terms "I downloaded this game" or "pirated" or "i copied my friend's disc".

Seems silly to me though, because copyright law technically doesn't allow you to make a backup copy of anything, even if you legally own it. People made up that law. It just seems like it should be fair.

As for your idea, it's an interesting concept.

Edited by ghaladream, 22 July 2009 - 04:48 PM.

#8 ddlshack

ddlshack

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(ghaladream @ Jul 22 2009, 04:47 PM) View Post

The guy has a point, I'm willing to bet that not many people on here that ask for advice ACTUALLY own original copies of their backups. I'm sure some do, but the vast majority don't. Anyone who posts here regularly just knows not to mention piracy is all. You can still get advice even if you are a pirate, just change your words around and don't use the terms "I downloaded this game" or "pirated" or "i copied my friend's disc".

Seems silly to me though, because copyright law technically doesn't allow you to make a backup copy of anything, even if you legally own it. People made up that law. It just seems like it should be fair.

As for your idea, it's an interesting concept.

Thanks, I didn't realise you weren't allowed to mention piracy here. I found a good article here which has some C++ scripts which interface with the dvd drive. I guess I need to finish learning C++ tongue.gif

QUOTE(ddlshack @ Jul 22 2009, 05:00 PM) View Post

Thanks, I didn't realise you weren't allowed to mention piracy here. I found a good article here which has some C++ scripts which interface with the dvd drive. But I want to emulate the dvd drive, not interface with it. I guess I need to finish learning C++ tongue.gif

#9 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

This Should come as no surprise.....

CLOSED.

0 user(s) are reading this topic