1 reply to this topic

#1 niccador

niccador

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

I have a small stockpile of several good 360 boards that lack matching dvd drives, so they're effectively paper weights right now... So, being as they can still be used as media servers, I was thinking of planning some mods for them. In the process, I began to wonder about Live access, so I had a few questions:

1) Is it possible to connect to and use Live, without having the DVD attached at all? (I'd read somewhere about someone who was supposedly banned from Live by connecting without the SATA plugged in, but this is the only instance I've found, and it still seemed only speculation.)

2) If the drive must be attached -- assuming that you have no game loaded, and have no intention of ever loading a game in the drive -- does Live care about the proper drive keys? (Since, of course, the system will boot and play DVDs just fine without a matching drive key.)

Any help is appreciated.

#2 Kiewee123

Kiewee123

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, cracking, breaking, fixing, modding, tweaking... etc.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(niccador @ Jul 22 2009, 07:06 PM) View Post

I have a small stockpile of several good 360 boards that lack matching dvd drives, so they're effectively paper weights right now... So, being as they can still be used as media servers, I was thinking of planning some mods for them. In the process, I began to wonder about Live access, so I had a few questions:

1) Is it possible to connect to and use Live, without having the DVD attached at all? (I'd read somewhere about someone who was supposedly banned from Live by connecting without the SATA plugged in, but this is the only instance I've found, and it still seemed only speculation.)

2) If the drive must be attached -- assuming that you have no game loaded, and have no intention of ever loading a game in the drive -- does Live care about the proper drive keys? (Since, of course, the system will boot and play DVDs just fine without a matching drive key.)

Any help is appreciated.

I'm going to be kind and reply because I hate it when my threads get no replies lol. Your answer is probably. Might I suggest you try it - as you do have a stockpile - but like I said, you probably will be fine.

That's the best I can do, sorry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users