4 replies to this topic

#1 Mikey A

Mikey A

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:09 PM

Hi all

Basically my Hitachi 79FL is running ixtreme 1.4 and I want it on 1.51.

I flashed it originally using toolbox (on the same PC as I'm using now) so firstly I though I'd restore the original FW and go from there.

Drive goes into Mode B and the 79Unlock does it's thing a piece of cake.

I open up TB, then open my Original.bin file which I created when I originally flashed the drive, then go to Differential Flash (RESTORE).

This is where my problems begin... I click the Read and Detect differences button, it does that then hits me with a warning saying it can see a lot of differences, be careful ect

Through my ignorance I clicked through and hit the Flash button, but then it comes up saying "Cannot communicate with drive. Make sure it is visible on windows."

Obviously I know the drive is visible in windows but where do I go from here? I've done a lot of reading around and found a post by someone who had the same problem but they never posted their solution.

I also read that the a lot of differences warning isn't right and my original dump could be useless, I've opened it up in a Hex editor and it's not a bunch of zero's so I'm not too sure.

Can anyone help me here? BTW I tried the drive and it still plays everything fine.

Many thanks!

#2 lord^infamous

lord^infamous

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

Try jungle flasher, it's much easier. You can set mode b and do 79 unlock from within jungle flasher. Once you've done that, just hit restore and it will flash a stock firmware with your key. It won't use the original you dumped.

#3 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

Never ever continue if FW toolbox says there is alot of differneces. Your 79 drive board is bricked.

To fix it.

Remove TSOP (this is fun, its covered in black epoxy)

You then need a williem programmer. Reflash the chip with proper firmware

Solderchip back in.

Or pm me and just buy a new drive board. I have lots

#4 Mikey A

Mikey A

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(lord^infamous @ Jul 23 2009, 07:19 PM) View Post

Try jungle flasher, it's much easier. You can set mode b and do 79 unlock from within jungle flasher. Once you've done that, just hit restore and it will flash a stock firmware with your key. It won't use the original you dumped.

Will do. I was only using toolbox because I was under the impression that was the best way to restore, I'll give it a shot in a bit.

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Jul 23 2009, 07:20 PM) View Post

Never ever continue if FW toolbox says there is alot of differneces. Your 79 drive board is bricked.

To fix it.

Remove TSOP (this is fun, its covered in black epoxy)

You then need a williem programmer. Reflash the chip with proper firmware

Solderchip back in.
Or pm me and just buy a new drive board. I have lots

Toolbox couldn't communicate with the drive so everything is fine, I even tested it with a game to make sure.

#5 Mikey A

Mikey A

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:14 PM

Wow, Jungleflasher is almost too easy, all sorted now fellas

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users