• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 knutsen

knutsen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:27 AM

I am trying to flash my spoofed f/w onto my hitachi 59 but JF wont let me select; USE Port IO, only WIN API

does it make a diff. because its giving me a msg saying cannot dump corrupt f/w, how do i change it so i can do this Port IO way? i have a SATA controller card with the VIA VT6421A chip set installed. Any suggestions.

#2 letsmod

letsmod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Hitachi and via dont work well together

Personally I dont use JF on hitachi drives

Use firmware toolbox 4.8, dump the firmware, open JF and make the CFW, then load the CFW in FWT 4.8 and flash the drive

If you google via nd hitachi you will see they dont work well together

#3 turny

turny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(knutsen @ Jul 25 2009, 04:27 AM) View Post

I am trying to flash my spoofed f/w onto my hitachi 59 but JF wont let me select; USE Port IO, only WIN API

does it make a diff. because its giving me a msg saying cannot dump corrupt f/w, how do i change it so i can do this Port IO way? i have a SATA controller card with the VIA VT6421A chip set installed. Any suggestions.
portio for hitachi is for via cards with drivers removed as per the jungleflasher tutorial,to verify this is activated go to dvdkey in jf uncheck via only then check via only, jf will look at your via card and if drivers are removed correctly give message of card found with status 39 hitachi portio enabled, then portio will no longer be grayed out,be aware that portio for hitachi doesnt let windows assign a letter so it will not show in the drop down drive box, as long as there is a reference to it as done when you send mode b, you will be ok. dont use firmware toolbox its 2 years out of date.

#4 Juvenal1228

Juvenal1228

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

uh, dont use JF it will brick every hitachi you throw at it...

FW toolbox is the ONLY reliable solution to hitachi's just like letsmod says dump with fw toolbox, make the CFW with JF, flash with FW toolbox

having modded over 200 xbox's and 80+ being hitachi out of personal experiance i NEVER use JF to read or flash a hitachi.

of the 5 i have, 5 have been bricked and required me to dig up my good ol' Willem biggrin.gif

#5 under420dog

under420dog

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:anything....
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

this is why it's better to back up to a early release of jf...I did many Hitachi's with out a problem....
JungleFlasher v0.1.62 Beta....worked great.......

and if such was known... it's hard to really brick a Hitachi,
seeing though dos can read the drive through a pci's port address and fix it without a problem....

but just my 2 cents........

Edited by under420dog, 11 December 2009 - 04:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users