Photo

Mednafenx-nes - Nes Emulator For Xbox V10.5pb (public Beta)

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#31 spoone

spoone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:56 PM

this is so cool !!!

hey madmab,
i am so impressed by what you (and the others) did, which is why i'd love to donate you a t-shirt.
i'm in the "custom-shirt-biz" and i think i can make a shirt for you scene-keepers who keep the good ole xbox scene alive.
i love my xbox1 ever since i had my first. (and that box is still going strong.)
f... all this hd-crap. go xbox1!
seriously, i am willing to give you and ressurectionx said shirt.
i just haven't one finished because i am telling you this right after i came across this.
and it's not me alone that is responsible, so i have to check with my mates first.
but i don't think that's a problem.
as i said, i don't have a design yet. and it could be that i can't come up with one for two to three weeks because i am in the process of opening our first shop, so, if you have an idea for a design, pm me.
also, if you don't have an idea (or don't want to design your own honor-shirt sleep.gif ), pm me anyway if you want it.
i think it should be something like "X-scene Keeper" (just a first thought).
you obviously deserve this. cool.gif

beerchug.gif
spoone

Edited by spoone, 28 July 2009 - 10:00 PM.

#32 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(spoone @ Jul 28 2009, 10:56 PM) View Post

seriously, i am willing to give you and ressurectionx said shirt.

and me? I want the tee shirt with the "madmab edition" dragon on it!

#33 princess peach

princess peach

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(infidelity @ Jul 28 2009, 11:13 PM) View Post

2. I'm a little confused on gettting dual images to appear. For example, I have Super Mario Bros 3. The screenshot folder for that game i have 3 png files in there. "000.png 001.png 002.png" a pic of the cartridge, a pic of the box, and a regular screenshot. My question is, are they supposed to be named differently to be seperate? do i need to manualy create a seperate screenshot folder or something?

I'm not sure you can have dual boxarts/screenshots with the old screenshot system if i have understand it right?
I don't know if i can help you but we have just downloaded all the new enhanced artworks "ressurectionXtras" for nes (even the videos now), put it all in the "media folder"; all was ready, we just have to rename our roms with "romcenter".
And it works!I think the hardest part was to find the wmv to xmv converter (we have searched deeply in the forums how to find it -all is in xbins finally-). Perheaps a tutorial with detailled pics should be usefull?(now all the hard work is done and you will do the same "threatment" on some other emulators?
My nes emulator is perfect big kisses! wub.gif

Edited by princess peach, 28 July 2009 - 10:27 PM.

#34 spoone

spoone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Jul 28 2009, 11:13 PM) View Post

yeah, you too. tongue.gif

but guys, i can't give out a hundred shirts. well, at least not at once.
and i am thinking more of a general design that more people would get. people, who keep the xbox1 scene alive and kicking in these next-gen days.
i think the xbmc devs (at least the xbox specific guys over there) would deserve one too (t3ch, for example).
so i would like to have a more general design.
if you have suggestions, pm me.

i think about opening a new thread where people can suggest someone who should get a shirt.
but who will get one is tied to the bold text above.

now i need to eat, smoke and sleep.
good night,
spoone

Edited by spoone, 28 July 2009 - 11:56 PM.

#35 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Jul 28 2009, 10:13 PM) View Post

I thought it was a duck ?

#36 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(spoone @ Jul 28 2009, 05:54 PM) View Post

yeah, you too. tongue.gif

but guys, i can't give out a hundred shirts. well, at least not at once.

Gilles is one of us man. He's definitely cool. No Dynamic Skins without the man. cool.gif

I love the idea of a shirt, but I'm a little paranoid about the whole getting to know everybody personally (like addresses and stuff) in this questionably legal atmosphere. I'll have to sleep on it, but I definitely appreciate the offer. Glad to know there seem to be people here still that are interested in the updates.

infidelity - Interesting bug there. I never would have noticed it since I have at least one piece of artwork for each game. Good catch.

Like Princess Peach said, you need the "Enhanced Artwork" download to use the two-image previews. Otherwise you're just limited to one image and the video.

Happy to have added your hack. Stupot1 and I went through and added as many complete translations and good hacks we could find from RH.net. (full name left out since the site may be illegal here). We're hoping we didn't leave anyone out or miss out on any other great hacks. BTW... how many people do you speak with there? I tried getting in contact with them about permissions to use their info in the synopsis but nobody ever got back to me so I just went ahead and released it with all the hack/trans information from the site included (with the URL and reviewer included at the bottom of each one just like yours). I didn't think there would be any problems, but it would be nice to know that they feel the same way.

Thanks for the hacks bro cool.gif

Princess peach - Don't see to many lady fans around here. Glad you and your man are enjoying the hard work that went into this project. cool.gif

Any Japan games you have that were text heavy or hard enough to read to make it not enjoyable for an English speaking player I didn't add to the Xtras (Videos/Boxart/Synopsis/etc.). The synopsis is definitely a document that can/will evolve over time though. If you have additions you'd like to make, or if there are games that I have included that aren't popping up for you and you need to add your CRC's just put a document together and send it to me. If you have full games to add, please send them to me in the format used for all the games already included with the URL and any reviewer names at the bottom. If its' just CRCs you need added, just name the game and provide the CRC and I'll see what I can do about adding them. (I want to be the person to add things the the synopsis files personally so we dont' end up having 10 different synopsis' floating around).

XTecuterX73 - Can't wait to see your mapper fixes in the build and hope that you can figure out some of the more obscure unlicensed ones in teh future so maybe we can get Great Wall and the Chinese pirate versions of Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Trigger to work amongst others. Any idea if we'll ever get Time Lord working right without having to jump through a bunch of hoops?

Sorry again about your loss man. Take your time getting back into things and taking care of the personal real life stuff that is much more important than anything we're doing here. I dont' think any of us are planning on going anywhere for a while. cool.gif

dokworm - Thanks for the tip. I never learned how to use newsgroups before. Maybe now's the time?

madmab, Gilles, MM?, Stupot1, pCe and everyone else involved.... Great work guys! One big emu down with 1,425 videos! Who's with me on the SNES and Gameboy next???????

~Rx

P.S. If I don't answer posts and PM's for a while, or at least as quick as usual it's because I'm going to take a little while to get some personal things taken care of and try to enjoy a little of this summer. I've been alone in my cave too many hours missing all this nice weather. I'll always be collecting any work you've done though and it will be there for me to incorporate when I have a few blocks of time here and there to get it in there. And I'll still be working on synopsis stuff when I get a chance at work too.

P.P.S. Cbagy.....???? "I thought it was a duck ?"

LOL... ain't you never heard of Adventure before? In the land of A2600 all the dragons look like giant ducks. It only makes sense, doesn't it? They say that today's birds are descendants of yesterday's dinosaurs.

BTW... I just found out from theonion.com that Adventure is getting a 3D upgrade. Check it out....

IPB Image

Edited by ressurectionx, 29 July 2009 - 05:45 AM.

#37 boubou123

boubou123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

big thanks to the whole team!
it is clear this emulator has been done by big emulation fans!! i want to buy a nes now tongue.gif (but the nes rgb cable is crappy, and the xbox rgb cable is perfect,so i think an xbox is perfect for my tv,and i don't have the space to put hundreds of nes cartridges)

2 questions:

- i would like to make a "fresh install", and in the ressurectionXtras thread i have 2 choices "screenshots (06-09-09)" or "Enhanced Artwork [FINAL] (06-09-09)" wich one must i choose?

- i like the rumbles and gamegenie codes you have put, but sometimes the rumble is to low and sometimes the rumbles is setted too strong in my opinion, is there a way to change them?

p.s.: funny to have a sort of "nes museum" (synopsis,boxarts,videos etc...) in my xbox; father Bill gates can be proud of his product tongue.gif

Edited by boubou123, 29 July 2009 - 04:45 PM.

#38 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(boubou123 @ Jul 29 2009, 05:43 PM) View Post

- i would like to make a "fresh install", and in the ressurectionXtras thread i have 2 choices "screenshots (06-09-09)" or "Enhanced Artwork [FINAL] (06-09-09)" wich one must i choose?

Enhanced Artwork [FINAL] (06-09-09) is the best choice, like princess peach said, with the old screenshots system YOU CAN'T HAVE DUAL BOXART/SCREENSHOT, with the enhanced artworks by rsX you can, just use romcenter to rename your roms man

- i like the rumbles and gamegenie codes you have put, but sometimes the rumble is to low and sometimes the rumbles is setted too strong in my opinion, is there a way to change them?

Yep, you can thanks Megaman(?) who has made many(all?) of them, and me for the rumbles smile.gif ;yay, all those rumbles have been created with my "s" controller, so it is hard to set the perfect values that will be ok for everyone; i don't remember exactly, but you can set all the rumbles values in the "cheat option" menu (just search a little in the "ingame option menu" wink.gif )

p.s.: funny to have a sort of "nes museum" (synopsis,boxarts,videos etc...) in my xbox; father Bill gates can be proud of his product tongue.gif

Yep, we will never see system "easy to hack" like the Xbox1 in the future unfortunatelly (in the actual consoles,ps3,360 there is a loooooooot of security); and in the future it will be even more harder muhaha.gif
Here we are thinking too, the xbox gives us great old school feeling you can't have in front of a pc monitor with it's superscaled pixels) our old tv's are perfect for the low resolution graphics smile.gif

#39 Xmodder deluX

Xmodder deluX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hey guys. Great work with the release and everything. I tried it and I am having problems with the cheat codes for Mario 1 and 3. When I search cheat database for codes for these games the xbox freezes?!? I was looking forward to playing these games with the rumbles. Any ideas?

P.S. Other games such as Mario 2 and Double Dragon 2 work, so what gives?

Edited by Xmodder deluX, 29 July 2009 - 10:27 PM.

#40 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(Xmodder deluX @ Jul 29 2009, 05:25 PM) View Post

Hey guys. Great work with the release and everything. I tried it and I am having problems with the cheat codes for Mario 1 and 3. When I search cheat database for codes for these games the xbox freezes?!? I was looking forward to playing these games with the rumbles. Any ideas?

P.S. Other games such as Mario 2 and Double Dragon 2 work, so what gives?

There is probably a problem with the codelist.inf file at that point. I'll have to look at it when I get back. I'm out of town. Megaman(?) might be able to figure out what it is before then.

It's kinda hard to test all those codes. laugh.gif But anways fixing them should be relatively easy. The codelist.inf file is pretty much just a text file.

#41 infidelity

infidelity

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:42 PM

So I need to download the "Enhanced Artwork" for dual images.

I'm not to sure which thread to find that in. There's so many different threads on xbox-scene relating to this project. Not sure if I overlooked it, but I'm having trouble finding this "Enhanced Artwork" for the nes skin.

Would someone be kind enough to post a link to it? smile.gif

#42 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

Check my stickied thread in the emulators section. Anything that's available is at the top of that thread. smile.gif

#43 Bandit5317

Bandit5317

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:18 AM

This is awesome biggrin.gif . Thanks Madmab, Ressurectionx, Megaman, Gilles, and anyone else who worked on this project. I just finished getting everything setup with the xtras and it looks amazing. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play some games that I haven't touched in about 15 years smile.gif .

#44 BlueSlingShot

BlueSlingShot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:59 AM

Excellent work guys. Thanks for everyone's contributions in this. I say the hell with the new games for 360/ps3. Bring on old school Contra in 720p cool.gif.

You know when your getting old when you'd rather play games from your childhood rather than the next gen stuff lol.

#45 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Wow,
I know 10 times more people are actually using this stuff then who are commenting, but I am surprised and pleased to see so many come out and comment. biggrin.gif
Thanks for all the support guys! smile.gif

Madmab,
I will look into the "Super Mario" Game genie problems.
I stopped at letter "R"...remember laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users