• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 johnnydanger79

johnnydanger79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

Hi everyone. Im new to this and need some major help. Someone gave me a XBOX that is not work and has the error 16. Im pretty sure there was an attempt to softmod it previously and some how this led to the error 16, but im not sure. Ive been reading different FAQs and guides online for the past few days and cant figure anything out on how to fix this.

Every guide I read seems to mention FTPing or the use of a modchip, but I opened up the XBOX and took out the hard drive and DVD Rom and dont see any chip installed. The XBOX was given to me with only the power cable and audio/video cables.

It seems like I probably needs to reinstall the dash and Ive tried some different things with xboxhd and I keep getting the message that the hard drive is locked. If anyone has ANY suggestions for me I would be very grateful. Thanks so much.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

To get rid of error 16 you have to hotswap and use xboxhdm to install a replacement MS dash. You might as well install a Kingroach NDURE 3.1 softmod at the same time.

There'a a synopsis of the method here, and the original posts are here and here.

#3 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

This explains your options scroll to error code 16.

Your going to have to get the internal clock set. Best bet is to get a friends modded xbox to fix it. The thread I pointed to describes what needs to be done. If you have any questions about it I will do my best to explain it to you.

My bad my post came down late after Heimdall's. I am not disputing what he says it is good info. I just didnt see he responded already when I wrote mine.

Edited by run088, 26 July 2009 - 10:45 PM.

#4 johnnydanger79

johnnydanger79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

Thanks run088. Im going to try some try the links provided by Heimdall. Ive read the link youve provided already, but I dont know anyone with a modded XBOX. Actually, I dont think I know anyone that as an original XBOX anymore.

I will post back if I still cant get it to work.

Alright, Im already seeing issues with me following those links. The first is that its telling me im going to need to get info like the kernal and dashboard version in order to do an Ndure softmod. I cant do this because I cant get past the error 16 screen.

I do intend to try to softmod, but for right now I just need to get past the initial error 16 screen. Im still reading through all the info, but im not seeing anything thats pointing to how to fix MY problem. A lot of it assumes that I have access to the dashboard, which I dont.

Any idea what I should do?

Edited by johnnydanger79, 26 July 2009 - 11:42 PM.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

Just select Unknown Kernel.

#6 johnnydanger79

johnnydanger79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:30 AM

So should I essentially do the softmod now?

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:38 AM

Once you've read and fully understood the instructions, and you have all the software available, yes.

Edited by Heimdall, 27 July 2009 - 01:39 AM.

#8 johnnydanger79

johnnydanger79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:53 AM

Great. Im going to spend some time reading through everything and get to it. Thanks. If I have any questions I will post again.

#9 johnnydanger79

johnnydanger79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

Im having a heck of a time finding the Kingroach NDURE 3.1 program to download. Could you point me in the right direction as to where I can get it?

#10 johnnydanger79

johnnydanger79

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:26 AM

Ok, I got the Kingroach Ndure installer. Now im trying to follow the instructions and need help. Im sorry for my noobness but this is my first time doing something like this. When I first run Ndure, when im on the component selection screen, which options do I choose. I know to select the unkown kernal, but how about the 4 other options?

Do I select the softmod option, Add UDDAE, and/or XBOXHDM Installer?

Please, any help is appreciated.

#11 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:18 AM

From the first link I gave you, 8 posts back.
- a new set of Kingroach NDURE 3.1 C and E folders. Make these by running Kingroach NDURE 3.1 and simply selecting your Kernel version under "Kernel Selection" and "Create XBOXHDM Installer" - leave all other options at default.

From 4 posts back.
Once you've read and fully understood the instructions
How much clearer does it need to be?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users