• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kiewee123

Kiewee123

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, cracking, breaking, fixing, modding, tweaking... etc.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

Hey all. I've got my first Xbox1 - I'm a young'un so 360 is what I'm used to. (ck3, i do it for quick cash for friends now)

I want to flash/mod (i have no idea) it so I can install XBMC and use it that way.

How? Is there a softmod which is easy?

I want the cheapest way.

Cheers.

#2 KILLxQUICK

KILLxQUICK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:03 AM

do you already have any of the games used to soft mod?

#3 Kiewee123

Kiewee123

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(KILLxQUICK @ Jul 27 2009, 04:03 AM) View Post

do you already have any of the games used to soft mod?

No I don't. I've looked into buying a used one, 25, but this is all he can tell me: "No idea on which mod is installed. Only clue i can give you is there are some interchangeable colour LEDs under the front of the xbox, think you can turn the mod off from there also."

Worth it? And which hardmod is that?

Cheers

#4 KILLxQUICK

KILLxQUICK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

hold on, what are you buying used and i dont understand what this person i trying to tell you please explain.

#5 Kiewee123

Kiewee123

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(KILLxQUICK @ Jul 27 2009, 06:10 PM) View Post

hold on, what are you buying used and i dont understand what this person i trying to tell you please explain.

A used xbox1 so I don't have to mod it myself - I only want it for XBMC.

#6 willie19a

willie19a

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

if your used to ripping the 360 apart and modding it you should be able to softmod this easily enough if it already hasnt been softmodded. first thing you need to do is to READ up on it, its the best advice i can give you, there are already a million and one tutorials telling you how to softmod your xbox, all your doing really is swapping the xbox hdd to your computer using hotswap methods and installing the softmod with a disc in your pc that can be downloaded from xbins so its not hard. as for xbmc you just install that from a disc if you want when your xbox is softmodded. I prefer to use AID disc for installing apps, just means that you dont have to hook up your xbox to your computer to put files on, you just pop in a disc to your softmodded xbox and click install app. again READ the tutorials, they help!!!

#7 Kiewee123

Kiewee123

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(willie19a @ Jul 28 2009, 09:34 AM) View Post

if your used to ripping the 360 apart and modding it you should be able to softmod this easily enough if it already hasnt been softmodded. first thing you need to do is to READ up on it, its the best advice i can give you, there are already a million and one tutorials telling you how to softmod your xbox, all your doing really is swapping the xbox hdd to your computer using hotswap methods and installing the softmod with a disc in your pc that can be downloaded from xbins so its not hard. as for xbmc you just install that from a disc if you want when your xbox is softmodded. I prefer to use AID disc for installing apps, just means that you dont have to hook up your xbox to your computer to put files on, you just pop in a disc to your softmodded xbox and click install app. again READ the tutorials, they help!!!

I just bought a used xbox which has already been modded, I turn it on it says Xenium? Can't find any normal xbox dash looks like he reset settings before he gave it to me or something? Help from here please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users