#31 Samael417

Samael417

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:04 AM

still fuckin slow - it actually made everything slower - piece of shit update - and I can't believe how many idiots are going to spend real money on avatar clothing....ridiculous stupid shit to begin with.

They had almost a year to right all the wrongs with this wasteful update and they've still done shit -

QUOTE(shocwave @ Jul 30 2009, 12:51 AM) View Post

Can someone please check to see if 1920x1200 for HDMI is available in the video options?

not there dude - but then again I don't have it hooked up via DVI to check out alternatives

Edited by Samael417, 30 July 2009 - 06:13 AM.

#32 dokworm

dokworm

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE(shocwave @ Jul 30 2009, 12:51 AM) View Post

Can someone please check to see if 1920x1200 for HDMI is available in the video options?

Nope, not there, neither is the resolution I wanted. And this is slow on my machine (Jasper with 20GB HDD) noticably slower than before g-r-e-a-t...

#33 johnnyrico

johnnyrico

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

edit: bizarre, no e-mail nor updated connect info and I'm in? wtf? dash updated and can login, new feats present.

Edited by johnnyrico, 30 July 2009 - 08:15 AM.

#34 tokyodrifte

tokyodrifte

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:PC, Gaming, Xbox, Coding, Modding, Hacking, Overclocking.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

Little video of it, I like the update. What makes people think if theres updates.. there is bans? If they found a magic way to detect the drives, surley they would just release that as a tiny little update and whack you guys out into space.

Chill out. BTW dont put your hard-drive onto your mates xbox. He wont be able to go on live. Do it to your enemys. muhaha.gif

enjoy smile.gif

#35 Charbless

Charbless

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(johnnyrico @ Jul 30 2009, 08:05 AM) View Post

edit: bizarre, no e-mail nor updated connect info and I'm in? wtf? dash updated and can login, new feats present.

Same happened to me no email but was offered update when logged in today.

lol avatar clothing is a rip off at 80 points per item

#36 GOVATENT

GOVATENT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

Why the "f" were they even considering silver members? It says gold members had "priority". It just makes me keep wondering what I pay their service for. I only play online like once a month if I have the time anymore.

#37 shocwave

shocwave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(dokworm @ Jul 29 2009, 10:08 PM) View Post

Nope, not there, neither is the resolution I wanted. And this is slow on my machine (Jasper with 20GB HDD) noticably slower than before g-r-e-a-t...

So much for the new video options they mentioned for this update sad.gif

#38 jbaruch76

jbaruch76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

does anyone have the updated netflix working?

#39 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(GOVATENT @ Jul 30 2009, 02:27 PM) View Post

Why the "f" were they even considering silver members? It says gold members had "priority". It just makes me keep wondering what I pay their service for. I only play online like once a month if I have the time anymore.

If you only play online once a month, perhaps you shouldn't waste money on the membership. I play almost every night and I kinda feel "ripped off" still.

I just signed up for my Netflix trial and I'm diggin' it so far, but it has some problems that Netflix blamed on XBL (the "Your connection has slowed" screen). I'm hoping that this problem will at least be a bit less persistent with this update, and I'm looking forward to selecting my IQs from my Xbox instead of my computer.

Unfortunately, 1 person said it's faster and the rest said it's slower tongue.gif

#40 dopemane

dopemane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

Well the only thing fast is the avatard marketplace, everything else seems the same. Seems like a lot of attention went into the avatard marketplace

#41 SupaDawg

SupaDawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE(dopemane @ Jul 30 2009, 05:43 PM) View Post

Well the only thing fast is the avatard marketplace, everything else seems the same. Seems like a lot of attention went into the avatard marketplace

How witty of you.

rolleyes.gif

The reason so much attention was placed on the avatars is rather simple. Microsoft sees the possibility for a positive return on investment. People have said that they would be willing to pay modest amounts in order to purchase clothing etc. This shouldn't come as much of a surprise, as it is realistically no different than buying themes or gamerpics... It's all about personalization and customization.

Microsoft has shareholders to answer to. If they can turn a profit on simple avatar clothing they are certainly going to take it.

Edited by SupaDawg, 30 July 2009 - 06:32 PM.

#42 MrFish

MrFish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(Charbless @ Jul 30 2009, 12:51 PM) View Post

QUOTE(johnnyrico @ Jul 30 2009, 07:05 AM) View Post

Same happened to me no email but was offered update when logged in today.

No shit, Sherlocks. The update is for your console, identified by its console ID, not your account, identified by your passport.

#43 MakaveliThaDon

MakaveliThaDon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

Has anyone received a confirmation via M$ connect but not prompted for the update?

#44 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(MakaveliThaDon @ Jul 30 2009, 11:11 PM) View Post

Has anyone received a confirmation via M$ connect but not prompted for the update?
That'll happen if you entered the wrong console ID number when you did the survey. Like MrFish pointed out in the post above, the update is linked to your console ID. When you connect to Live the Live servers will check to see if your console is on the list for the preview update.

If you have entered the wrong console ID then I believe there's an option to correct it on the connect website.

#45 MakaveliThaDon

MakaveliThaDon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Jul 30 2009, 11:21 PM) View Post

That'll happen if you entered the wrong console ID number when you did the survey. Like MrFish pointed out in the post above, the update is linked to your console ID. When you connect to Live the Live servers will check to see if your console is on the list for the preview update.

If you have entered the wrong console ID then I believe there's an option to correct it on the connect website.

Thx maybe I did uhh.gif ohmy.gif , let me double check, I'll call xboxlive support to see if I can resolve the issue.

update: updated my Console ID, lets see if that resolved my problems.

Edited by MakaveliThaDon, 30 July 2009 - 11:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users