• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Russ15xtreme

Russ15xtreme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

Hey guys everything has been running smoothly on my xbox for quite a while now. While moving over some videos from my pc to the xp via FlashFXP it wouldn't let me access one specific folder I was trying to move the video file into. Eventually it didn't show anything on the F drive so I restarted. The xbox would no longer boot to my original dash XBMC and it deleted all my videos, games, music etc, but my apps are all there still? The xbox still sees the hd is full with the same amount of data but when booting up avalaunch and using the file manager it shows the same thing flashfxp does, missing folders for videos and etc. I tried writing new folders in on flashfxp and avaluanch's file manager to start over but it won't let me write new folders still. Any ideas what my next step should be. Thanks

Edited by Russ15xtreme, 29 July 2009 - 10:20 PM.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

Sounds like it may have a corrupt HD.

How Big is it? Did you format the F drive with Xbpartitioner?

#3 2 Bunny

2 Bunny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:36 AM

I can't give you any advice except for when you get it fixed:

DO NOT USE FLASH FTP FOR FTP TRANSFERS.

I really don't think I can stress this enough. It only lasts for a trial, it does not FTP into your box, and when it does (like in this case) it craps it up.

I am not just trying to start a rant/argument here, I am really serious. The Windows FTP client or that other one... File Zilla work fine, but not FLASH FTP. It just is not good in general. I am sorry to burst some people's "bubble" on this topic, but I just had to get that one out there.

Don't give me a flame war rolleyes.gif pleez

- 2 Bunny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users