Jbasto

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:30 AM

Okay so my wifes co-worker gave her a 360 so i could mod and what not so i opened it connected it to my keygrabber (never failed ) and i go connect it and it would power up the drive so i go and connect everything back.
Turn on the 360 and guess what i get E65 i never even read nor flash the drive so after 5 min the drive will eject no DVD no nothing in the tray so what now ??

#2 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:54 AM

"so i opened it connected it to my keygrabber "

What the hell is that?

and i go connect it and it would power up the drive

If the drive powered up why didn't you try and dump firmware. (or did you mean to say the drive did not power up?)

#3 Jbasto

Jbasto

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:54 PM) View Post

What the hell is that?
If the drive powered up why didn't you try and dump firmware. (or did you mean to say the drive did not power up?)

Keygrabber (KB) generic CK3, i plugged the drive and i went to poer on the KG it wouldn't it will shut off right away so i tought it was the KG i plugged in a drive i have and it turned on and i flashed that np, so i put the drive back in the 360 and turned it on and got that !@# error POS.

So what are alternatives ??

#4 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE(Jbasto @ Jul 30 2009, 10:07 PM) View Post

Keygrabber (KB) generic CK3, i plugged the drive and i went to poer on the KG it wouldn't it will shut off right away so i tought it was the KG i plugged in a drive i have and it turned on and i flashed that np, so i put the drive back in the 360 and turned it on and got that !@# error POS.

So what are alternatives ??

Now i know what you did. I am almost certain you plugged in the drive power connector upside down and damged the drive circuit board.

The TSOP chip is probably going to have to be removed from the drive board and read with something like a williem programmer.

Here are some pictures of me saving one

IPB Image

IPB Image

If you want me to help you PM me. I even have some good samsung drive boards i can set you up with.

#5 Jbasto

Jbasto

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Jul 30 2009, 11:00 PM) View Post

Now i know what you did. I am almost certain you plugged in the drive power connector upside down and damged the drive circuit board.

Umm no i didnt since my KG has that safety measure there is only one way u can plug it in just like the driver.

#6 jt1

jt1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

E65: DVD Drive Error.... DVD Timeout, Wrong firmware, dvd is without f/w chip, etc. This can also be caused by the tray not being fully closed on boot.

syntaxerror329 was trying to help you. Be nice.

I dont even know what your problem is becsaue you havn't really said. Apart from youve now got a E65. Did you try to boot the xbox before you opened it up? Did it work?

What happens when you try and dump the firmware now?
When you reply, try and have some structure and not just random words put together.
Sorry to sound like an arse.

And that saftey feature hasn't stopped hundreds of people doing the same thing wink.gif

Edited by jt1, 31 July 2009 - 01:04 PM.

#7 Jbasto

Jbasto

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

Well i was messing with last night and after 5 min the tray will open but once i reboot it will give me the same error unsure.gif .

Yes i know that people still plug it in backwards with that safety feature, as for testing the xbox prior to modding i didn't dry.gif .

I cant dump the firmware since KG will not power it up i tried using the 360 as my power source put JF will not see it, It cool man i was never trying to be rude just that i think i got played so now to get this bitch fixed that the only option cause no matter what i will tell him he will say it was working sleep.gif

#8 jt1

jt1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

Right, im going to go along the lines of youve got power from somewhere as I dont know what your using. CK3? Have you tested it on another drive ?

Anyways,
Try a different sata cable, and a new sataport. That's 90% of my problems, broken hardware.
What sata card are you using. Aslong as it is powered on the drive, the sammy should be detected. Try port cycling.
Even if it just gets the 'TSSTcorp' info thats good news!
Sorry, I cant be of much help.

#9 Jbasto

Jbasto

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

I tried that took to a local guy that will recover the key for me for a fee but as long as he can get me the key i will inject it in another drive.

Guys thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users