• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kitsu

kitsu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:03 AM

Hey, I bought a modded xbox a few months ago and it worked perfectly fine at first but eventually started turning off randomly (once every few hours maybe). The problem slowly got worse and now I can only get it to boot after a dozen tries and I'll be lucky if it stays on for more than 15 minutes. Strangely enough, if I move it only a tiny bit it will turn off and then I have to try putting it in various positions before it works again.

I thought the problem could be my power supply cable since I've had similar experiences with some cables before, but I tried using my friend's and it didn't help.

I haven't seen any thread about this particular problem yet, so I'd appreciate some help.

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:03 AM

Have you checked the power inlet of the xbox?
Sometimes the solderings of this connector become loose.
You usually hear a sparking noise when that one is giving you problems.

Since just moving the xbox a little causes the problem, you can suspect a soldering somewhere.

If you tick the xbox with the back of a screwdriver, do you have the same issues as when you move the box a bit?

You could also measure the voltages that come out of the supply and see if they remain stable when the unit switches off.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users