• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LupinWeirdo

LupinWeirdo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:45 AM

Hi. I keep getting an "open tray error" when putting in any original game in. I don't have my console modified in any way because I like playing on live and aren't too good at flashing and such. I did take it apart and it says Model No./DG-16D2S HW Ver: A0A1 FW Ver: 74850C it also says Phillips & Lite-on. It used to work after I would bang on the top of it a little bit but now It completely won't read anything. Any help would be awesome!

#2 LupinWeirdo

LupinWeirdo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:43 AM

I managed to get it fixed. I know alot of people have this same problem and get frustrated with it. I noticed 2 clicks coming from the laser when it would try to read so i recalibrated the dvd pot. It was at 5.11 which was a little high, so i brought it down to 3.4 and it still wouldn't work. I went up to 4.0 and still a no go. finally I remembered that my gamecube was doing the same thing a while back, so I disconnected all the ribbons on the drive then reconnected them. Everything is working fine now, It's reading all my games and the open tray error and clicks are completely gone. I know theres alot of different things that can cause the open tray error, I'm just lucky it was loose ribbons. I hope this helps some other people out.

#3 jappe84

jappe84

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

Please explain what the meaning of 5.11, 3.4 and 4 is. I have a samsung drive that just clicks. I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting the ribbons but I would like to know what the numbers mean.

Thank you!

EDIT: Just found out about Modas tutorial, so you can ignore my post.

Thanks again

Edited by jappe84, 03 August 2009 - 12:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users