#1 poptarts1112

poptarts1112

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:03 PM

please help as i have searched the forums for two days with no answer. i purchased a 360 from ebay when i received it, it arrived as described no RROD, video works, open tray error, seal intact. any how thinking this would be an easy fix i installed new laser, still having same problem:(i did desolder the three tabs left of the ribbon cable. the pot was reading 3.54 adjusted to 3.0 back to 3.54.

insert disc- screen reads "reading"- disc spins approx 2 sec- laser comes on approx 2 sec- disc stops- does this 4 to 5 times- screen reads open tray. grr.gif

notes: im not sure about the firmware installed because my sata chipset is not compatible with the benq drive, i would assume it is orig since seal was intact?

also i do have another drive on the way as well as a via sata pci card.

i do know for certain that the drive motor works, the laser works, the laser should move freely on the rails because i pulled it back when disc wasnt in to see if it would move forward and it did. not sure if it can go backward but it should.

thanks for any suggestions or help that you may offer.

#2 nagamin

nagamin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

Just check lens was free of oil and dust. We can adjust the laser strength by multi meter, but we can't say about lens. If lens was something wrong laser beam can't through as necessary and data was scramble.
After you replace pickup set, drive should be fine. tongue.gif

#3 poptarts1112

poptarts1112

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:58 PM

thanx for the reply

things i have ruled out are laser, xbox itself because i loosened the screws to the motor assembly and finally got a cd to work 3 times but not dvd? so if my assumption is correct the motor that drives the laser could be defective. if this is the case i will leave it be since my new drive will be in sometime next week.

any more input on this turd would be great

#4 poptarts1112

poptarts1112

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

ok i got my NEW drive in today and same thing open tray???????? no i did not flash, thinking it would at least play cds and dvds (i know b4 i can play games i would have to dump firmware from old drive), no codes on xbox, no red light, video works fine. what is going on please help i have too much money in this thing to just trash. sad.gif

bump

#5 nagamin

nagamin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Did you injected your old drive key to new? Or you swtich the PCB from old to new drive?
Atlest you need to do one of thoese. huh.gif

#6 poptarts1112

poptarts1112

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

no i will try that i thought the dvd and cd would play even though i had not done that

#7 nagamin

nagamin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

Yes, CD and DVD movie should playable without DVD key or changing drive PCB.
Check your SATA cable. uhh.gif

#8 poptarts1112

poptarts1112

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:28 AM

before i flashed new drive nothing worked at all, fashed with new firm now everything is working proper!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif thanks

#9 nagamin

nagamin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:01 AM

Bravo!

jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic