stonefoz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

Normal rapid mods simply, are easily detectable at MS. The only swap between absolute highest and absolute lowest range that the trigger can make. There is no middle, simply on, or simply off.

Now I present the mod that makes all that obsolete.
It's what's in chunkierdonkey's secret stash, it makes wild amounts of noise at much higher firerates that'll ever be allowed, and using a simple capacitor, get's rid of the noise, leaving the mod able to make any signal the controler would ever be expecting, saw tooth wave, sin wave, you name it.

Best of all, no crazy hex codes, tables and figures to find out how to set the fire rate. Just make with 1350, and it fires at 13.5 a second. With two decimal points accuracy, any rate from nothing up to around 60.

Using the AVR tiny45,

http://rapidshare.co...inyfuz.zip.html
MD5: 68CF51464308F6957FB50B3E9F681181

I'm considering this project done, and am currently working on using this newer design to produce a chip that also does button combos.

#2 ChunkierDonkey

ChunkierDonkey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:56 AM

Nice Stoney but you forgot TA-dah cool.gif Now any questions?

#3 Mhawk134

Mhawk134

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:17 AM

Is this tested virus free? Also does it work on a sleeper installed chip using hazers version?

Hawk

#4 Gfaja

Gfaja

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:20 AM

Ugh rapidshare sucks. Use megaupload. I actually can't download it to check it out. Why did you use avr over pic? that's going to piss a lot of people off tongue.gif

#5 ChunkierDonkey

ChunkierDonkey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(Gfaja @ Aug 5 2009, 08:20 PM) View Post

Ugh rapidshare sucks. Use megaupload. I actually can't download it to check it out. Why did you use avr over pic? that's going to piss a lot of people off tongue.gif

Cause it mine and avr's are better. Check them out before you write'em off

Edited by ChunkierDonkey, 06 August 2009 - 01:34 AM.

#6 Gfaja

Gfaja

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE(Mhawk134 @ Aug 5 2009, 08:17 PM) View Post

Is this tested virus free? Also does it work on a sleeper installed chip using hazers version?

Hawk

Source is included.. and you don't run anything on your PC... don't worry.

Props on making it open source. Don't really understand the code yet (used to pics) but I'm going to look into it a bit at work tomorrow and I'm sure I'll be impressed.

#7 gersey

gersey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:45 AM

is there anyway to make this work with the sleeper setup?

#8 ChunkierDonkey

ChunkierDonkey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(gersey @ Aug 5 2009, 08:45 PM) View Post

is there anyway to make this work with the sleeper setup?

Yep, but I'm working on other things and it's open source I was gonna wait till I get the macros lined out and clean it up a bit but here it is and I like that thank Stonefoz for the work he put in and posting it for me. Not bad for a couple of Kentucky carpenters, if I say so myself.

#9 Jonuis

Jonuis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:13 AM

Thank the lord this is in C. Thank the lord.

2 questions:

1. I see several of this tssop's (if that is what they are). Any particular model? How about this one?

http://mouser.com/Se...RTOlx1CkBXXGWZD

2. When you say put a cap between trigger and ground in the instructions, do you mean before the resistor? Not sure how you mean.

#10 Jonuis

Jonuis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:47 AM

O sorry forgot to ask what you flash this with. Will the JDM work with winpic for this chip? Or what should we use?

Will this programmer work?

http://www.adafruit....;products_id=46

Edited by Jonuis, 06 August 2009 - 04:00 AM.

#11 ChunkierDonkey

ChunkierDonkey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE(Jonuis @ Aug 5 2009, 10:13 PM) View Post

Thank the lord this is in C. Thank the lord.

2 questions:

1. I see several of this tssop's (if that is what they are). Any particular model? How about this one?

http://mouser.com/Se...RTOlx1CkBXXGWZD

2. When you say put a cap between trigger and ground in the instructions, do you mean before the resistor? Not sure how you mean.

I write code, so I'll take no offence to any thing left poorly explained,

The ttsop is the really really small version, i don't think you wish to solder that, get p-dip8, other than that, they are all the same.

it goes,

chip
|
V
resistor 330 ohm
|
V
trigger point
|
V
cap .1uf, anything above 3volt rating, closer two three, the better.
|
V
ground, above trigger point.

#12 stonefoz

stonefoz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(Jonuis @ Aug 5 2009, 10:47 PM) View Post

O sorry forgot to ask what you flash this with. Will the JDM work with winpic for this chip? Or what should we use?

Will this programmer work?

http://www.adafruit....;products_id=46

That'll do it

For something cheaper, you can use
http://www.bsdhome.com/avrdude/
just hook up a few wires strait to a parallel port

Or if you're computer doesn't have a parallel port
http://www.adafruit....;products_id=26
8USD

it's the simplest serial programer, it does however require a 5.1 zener diode, so you'll more than likely have to make an order somewhere.

Get a copy of winavr at winavr.sourceforge.net, it has everything needed to compile the firmware from source and a copy of avrdude, the program

In case you're not quite well versed with the command line, there is a simpler to use program

http://code.google.c...vrdude-gui-net/

it'll run avrdude for you, without having to type in the commands.

One last thing,

With the programer running, the chip has to be setup,
the two configuration settings are
Low FUSE: 0xD3
High FUSE: 0xDF

It's not commented in the source, it runs on it's own clock and sets it to defaults.

I've already gotten a complaint about using rapidshare, so it how has it's own page

HickLabs.com

It has the current firmware and source, next step is adding some photos, but it's in the works.

#13 xb2000

xb2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(stonefoz @ Aug 6 2009, 12:25 AM) View Post

Normal rapid mods simply, are easily detectable at MS. The only swap between absolute highest and absolute lowest range that the trigger can make. There is no middle, simply on, or simply off.

Now I present the mod that makes all that obsolete.
It's what's in chunkierdonkey's secret stash, it makes wild amounts of noise at much higher firerates that'll ever be allowed, and using a simple capacitor, get's rid of the noise, leaving the mod able to make any signal the controler would ever be expecting, saw tooth wave, sin wave, you name it.

Best of all, no crazy hex codes, tables and figures to find out how to set the fire rate. Just make with 1350, and it fires at 13.5 a second. With two decimal points accuracy, any rate from nothing up to around 60.

Using the AVR tiny45,

http://rapidshare.co...inyfuz.zip.html
MD5: 68CF51464308F6957FB50B3E9F681181

I'm considering this project done, and am currently working on using this newer design to produce a chip that also does button combos.

stonefoz/chunkierdonkey, great work!!! I'm gonna read up on avr programming when i have time.

Are you saying the AVR output signal is analog and therefore undetectable by the games. If thats the case, please could you upload a vid showing 30 shots per second in cod5?
Its quite a statement given that we don't know what treyarch uses for it detection.

#14 jamz_az

jamz_az

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(xb2000 @ Aug 6 2009, 05:14 AM) View Post

stonefoz/chunkierdonkey, great work!!! I'm gonna read up on avr programming when i have time.

Are you saying the AVR output signal is analog and therefore undetectable by the games. If thats the case, please could you upload a vid showing 30 shots per second in cod5?
Its quite a statement given that we don't know what treyarch uses for it detection.

From the statements above I never see them say it was undetectable.

And why do you need a resistor and cap to clean your PWM signal out?

Still nice to see something new on the RF side of mods here.

#15 stonefoz

stonefoz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(jamz_az @ Aug 6 2009, 11:48 AM) View Post

From the statements above I never see them say it was undetectable.

And why do you need a resistor and cap to clean your PWM signal out?

Still nice to see something new on the RF side of mods here.

PWM, the micro is clocked at 6mHz and the pin changes every 255 clocks, every time. The avr has hardware on chip to do this. So our mod is changing the wire over 20,000 times a second. Now we can change how long it keep the pin low, and how long it keep the pin high, so it' averages higher or lower

it turns on every 255 clocks, but turns off after some number set by software, so it may instantly turn off or wait the entire time and in essence just be on.

Any filter that will cut out signals over 20,000Hz will leave a cleaner wave shape that can be drawn in software,

Right now it makes sin waves, I'm experimenting to find a more optimal shape.

In reality, with this setup, any signal the other mods are doing, could just be typed into the table, and volia, it'll play it back, at any speed, up to two decimal points of presision 12.98, 12.97 per sec, easily editable.

Yes, this mod needs a cap, on the matrix board, 570ohm, with 10uF is working, but I'm working on finding a more optimal solution.

On a side note, this is using a hardware generator, and while not quite optimal yet, the chip is spending over half of it's time asleep, waiting on the timer to wake it back up. It's difficult to measure, I don't have an averaging amp-meter, but it doesn't have any noticeable effect on battery usage so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users