8 replies to this topic

#1 H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 02:27 AM

Ok guys, I have been trying to load up evox to my xbox but I can't find media that it will read. So I tried to add my cd burner to it and run it that way. Wellll, I thought I had a splitter but I didn't so I made the mistake of trying to make one w/ the current setup and cables I had. I couldn't get that to work. So I went and tried to put the xbox power cable back to how it was. Now I tried putting in the wires in the power cable plug but I couldn't get it to work. When I boot up xbox I keep getting error 07 which I am told is hdd power loss or soemthing like that. Could anyone tell me where the red, yellow, and black wires go to get my xbox back and running?

#2 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 02:36 AM

Do you mean the ones that plug into your hard drive?

#3 stinknugget

stinknugget

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 02:38 AM

wtf???? lemme get this straight???? you unplugged the...nevermind listen look in the tuts for the proper way to replace your box's dvd drom drive.....

#4 H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 04:17 PM

No I had the tutorial and all. I made the dumb mistake of trying to make a splitter on my own since I had the stuff to. Except I took the power supply wires (red, yellow, 2 black) off of the fitting they are in on the xbox that plugs into the back of the hdd. Now I wasn't getting power to it and got error 07 which I guess means no powr to it as I was told. The first two times I tried to reboot after putting the wires back on it made a load like click. Every time after that it sounds like normal but the cd (orig Halo) just won't load. It keeps trying and trying but won't. Now I still get the error just no 07 at the top left anymore. Did I fry the hdd? Please help me get this figured out asap.Thanks

#5 diablo996

diablo996

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:28 PM

Colors from left to right should be red, black, black, yellow. That is from the wire end to the splitter. I guess this pic might help...its the best I could do.

|^^^^|
. | | | |
. | | | |
R B B Y

#6 H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:20 PM

Well I think the wires end might be messed up but I am not sure. I bought a splitter and plugged the end I messed with in and plugged it into the drive I am adding and the hdd. Now the burner and hdd apparently are getting power because the burner works. I don't really know whats going on. So when it is plugged into the xbox hdd, the wires should go red, black, black, yellow? Am I right. Well please let me know. Well I think the hdd might be fried because I have the wires in and keep geting the errors. Right? I have the wires yellow, black, black, red when plugged into the xbox hdd and the wires all line w/ like the splitter and that so they must be right order. * I have got to have the wires right. I tryed using the xbox power supply cables to power just the burner instead of the hdd and the burner powered right up. I think I fried the hdd. Because I have the wires setup right since it works perfect w/ the burner. Any way to fix the hdd then? I don't know what I did to it but something is def. messed up with it because the power cable works just fine w/ the burner and w/ all the stuff plugged in as is the hdd won't load or something. ** Now as stock setup I get error 07. Hdd timeout. How do I fix this? Thanks

Edited by H3rEye51nRoam, 25 June 2003 - 08:42 PM.

#7 diablo996

diablo996

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:17 AM

Do you have the HDD jumpered as Master and the DVD jumpered as slave?

#8 H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:39 AM

I didn't mess w/ any of the jumpers though. On the extra cd drive I am adding though I made it slave (already was). I think I may have shorted the hdd though. I know 2 times I tried the power cable with the 12v and 5v switch (red/yellow) and when it loaded it made a load clicking. Then everytime after that I got error 07 which is hard drive time out. So how do I fix that? I know almost 100% that I tried to boot xbox the first two times w/ red/yellow switched. * I don't think the hdd is shorted though because if it was it wouldn't even run. I can hear it running whil trying to load just I keep getting error 07 anyone know whats wrong and if it's fixable?

Edited by H3rEye51nRoam, 26 June 2003 - 01:38 AM.

#9 diablo996

diablo996

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 01:09 PM

Well if you tried to put the cables on backwards it is fried. What you effectively did was to put 12V to a 5V connection. Although the drive may still start up, you probably killed the logic board. Time to buy yourself a new drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users