27 replies to this topic

#1 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:01 AM

ive burnt this program now like 50 times, on cd-r's, cd-rw's, slow speeds, high speeds, medium speeds..my drive will just NOT read this

its in mode b, ive used slax and its working fine, shows up as drive letter f on my computer as well as jungle flasher, but when i put the unlock disc in to play the sound file, i get nothing. ive tried different brands of cd's and everything! very frustrating.

if i put a game or dvd in, it shows up and the autoplay opens. why can i not get this fucking thing going?!?!?!?! lol grr.gif

ive tried nero and imgburn, still nothing.

any help would greatly be appreciated!!!

is there not ANY way to mount/open the img file, and extract the files? or a certain way to burn it so i can put it on dvd? i dont know whats going on if its just the files it cant read of if its not reading cd-r/rw media

this is annoying me because i'm POSSITIVE if i could get the unlock cd onto a dvd id be fine

thanks

#2 HOMiE7

HOMiE7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE(darklord88 @ Aug 7 2009, 11:01 AM) View Post

ive burnt this program now like 50 times, on cd-r's, cd-rw's, slow speeds, high speeds, medium speeds..my drive will just NOT read this
its in mode b, ive used slax and its working fine, shows up as drive letter f on my computer as well as jungle flasher, but when i put the unlock disc in to play the sound file, i get nothing. ive tried different brands of cd's and everything! very frustrating.

if i put a game or dvd in, it shows up and the autoplay opens. why can i not get this fucking thing going?!?!?!?! lol grr.gif

ive tried nero and imgburn, still nothing.

any help would greatly be appreciated!!!

is there not ANY way to mount/open the img file, and extract the files? or a certain way to burn it so i can put it on dvd? i dont know whats going on if its just the files it cant read of if its not reading cd-r/rw media

this is annoying me because i'm POSSITIVE if i could get the unlock cd onto a dvd id be fine

thanks

If you use automatic JungleFlasher's 79 unlock procedure you can try manual procedure. Go download 79unlock.rar and try 79unlock.exe drive_letter_parameter. Don't forget to play AudioCD with Windows Media Player.

#3 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE(HOMiE7 @ Aug 7 2009, 08:18 AM) View Post

If you use automatic JungleFlasher's 79 unlock procedure you can try manual procedure. Go download 79unlock.rar and try 79unlock.exe drive_letter_parameter. Don't forget to play AudioCD with Windows Media Player.

ok thanks for the reply.

so i dont quite understand what you ment by trying 79unlock.exe drive_letter_parameter

i have two 79 unlock folders, one from jf with Image.bin, Image (file) and Image.cdt

the other one has plscsi (folder) 79Unlock Image.bin, Image (file) (image.cdt) and Memdump79

#4 NA_0815

NA_0815

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:17 AM

a) with which prog did u burn die audio file?
cool.gif did u burn it by usin the option "Burning Image to Disc"?
c) if u made it as an audio cd it cant work
d) most of the time its only a burning-error

#5 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

ive used imgburn as well as nero

i think my xbox 360 drive cant/wont read cd-r/wr, its reading EVERYTHING else but this dang unlock cd

i burnt it as an image file, burnt it to a cd, reopened it on the computer, extracted the wav file out and burnt that to dvd, then tried that, which did show up, but didnt work since the wav file is listed as 1kb, ive burnt it in every single combination possible, image/music/data

i just cannot get it to read!!! argggggh

there HAS to be a fucking way to burn it to dvd, why is this ONLY cd-r burnable?! this is kinda stupid if you ask me

#6 NA_0815

NA_0815

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

ofc ur xbox can read cd-r...
i am pretty sure u just burnt the wrong file..a lot of ppl got that prob

#7 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(NA_0815 @ Aug 7 2009, 10:31 AM) View Post

ofc ur xbox can read cd-r...
i am pretty sure u just burnt the wrong file..a lot of ppl got that prob

ive burnt it (the .cue) file just like everyone says, not as a data, but i burnt the image to disc, then if i keep it in my computer it shows the audio file in my copm dvd drive, it just wont play threw my xbox drive, but everything else will.

so thanks for the help but i'm pretty sure i burnt it correctly

its in mode b already, JF sees it and when i do the audio unlock it says

Found drive A: - Removable.

Found drive C: - Hard Drive.

Found drive D: - CD/DVD.

Found drive F: - CD/DVD. <--- Hitachi found

Found drive G: - Hard Drive.

79 Unlock set to manual mode.

Failed to Play 79Unlock Audio CD

Edited by darklord88, 07 August 2009 - 11:05 AM.

#8 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:43 AM

annnyone?!

#9 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

I think the laser on this drive is probably no good. These lasers have two pots on them. One adjusts DVD read and one does CD read. You might have to mess with them or replace the laser. If you have access to another known good hitachi drive you could just install this drives circuit board in it and try to read the 79unlock disk.

#10 tequiller

tequiller

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

Just did 3 of these in a row.

Download the rar from the link in JF.

Unrar the files to the same folder.

Right click the cue, open with imgburn, and burn to cd-r... burn it slow as possible for the hell of it, only takes a minute or two.

Send your hitachi to mode b, eject the drive, put the disc in, and click 79 unlock button

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JungleFlasher 0.1.65 Beta
Session Started Sat Aug 08 05:44:25 2009

This is a 32 bit process running on a 32 bit CPU
PortIO is installed and running.
Found 8 I/O Ports.
Found 2 Com Ports.
Found 8 windows drives C: D: E: F: G: H: I: Y:
Found 2 CD/DVD drives E: Y:

Drive, answers normal Windows Inquiry 12 0 0 0 24 0
0000: ** ...2[...HL-DT-ST
0010: ** DVD-ROM GDR3120L
0020: ** 0079

Mode-B Done!
Scanning for hardware changes
Found drive C: - Hard Drive.
Found drive D: - Hard Drive.
Found drive E: - CD/DVD.
Found drive F: - Removable.
Found drive G: - Removable.
Found drive H: - Removable.
Found drive I: - Removable.
Found drive J: - CD/DVD. <--- Hitachi found
Found drive Y: - CD/DVD.
Playing 79Unlock Audio CD
Pausing 79Unlock Audio CD, after 500mS
Ejecting 79Unlock Audio CD
Setting bit 3 @ 0x5BD
Executing code in Ram
Done!

#11 KickYoAss

KickYoAss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:28 PM

Hitachi 79 was always giving me trouble, but, it starts working almost immediately after popping an original xbox 360 game in the drive. Hope this helps you.

#12 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE(tequiller @ Aug 8 2009, 10:51 AM) View Post

Just did 3 of these in a row.

Download the rar from the link in JF.

Unrar the files to the same folder.

Right click the cue, open with imgburn, and burn to cd-r... burn it slow as possible for the hell of it, only takes a minute or two.

Send your hitachi to mode b, eject the drive, put the disc in, and click 79 unlock button

i appreciate a responce, but if you read anything i wrote...youd notice my drive will NOT read the disk.

so telling me how to burn it and play it is absolutly useless.

thanks tho, and the pot tweak..which side is the cd pot on? i found a tutorial on a sammy i belive, but id like confirmation before i mess around with the laser! haha

thanks everyone

#13 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(darklord88 @ Aug 9 2009, 05:15 AM) View Post

i appreciate a responce, but if you read anything i wrote...youd notice my drive will NOT read the disk.

so telling me how to burn it and play it is absolutly useless.

thanks tho, and the pot tweak..which side is the cd pot on? i found a tutorial on a sammy i belive, but id like confirmation before i mess around with the laser! haha

thanks everyone

This is the thread on pot tweaking http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=517961

#14 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:22 AM

ok, i tried the pot tweak, and nothing worked yet sad.gif

i know my drive reads cd-r as well as cd-rw when i put them in on the dashboard, but i cant seem to get it to read the unlock cd sad.gif

i still believe its too small on the disc, and i think if i could somehow open the img and add dummy files or something, or burn it to a dvd my problem would easily be solved.

no one knows of ANY way to make it bigger? my laser seems to skip right by it on the cds, so i took the top off and pushed the laser intowards the disc (not the actual laser, but pushed the contraption closer to the motor) and still when i put a cd in, it corrects itself and goes right past where the stuff is burnt

i'm really in a jiffy

#15 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE(darklord88 @ Aug 13 2009, 05:22 AM) View Post

i know my drive reads cd-r as well as cd-rw when i put them in on the dashboard, but i cant seem to get it to read the unlock cd sad.gif

i mean i cant get it to read unlock cd when its in mode b, sorry if it was confusing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users